Talk

Advanced search

How many is too many??

(10 Posts)
Soyouare2faced Fri 30-Sep-16 18:43:31

Sleepsuits ?!?
What's the norm? And so you keep you baby in one during the day??

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 30-Sep-16 18:50:55

Depends how often you wash them really. Pre weaning we had about 6 in each size and put her in a clean one morning and evening (no nappy leaks die to other nappies) . Since weaning we get through several changes of clothes per day (blueberries are the very devil!) . My baby is 11 months and still wears her sleepsuits around the house, if we're going out I usually dress her up a bit more. Babies need soft roomy clothes anyway.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 30-Sep-16 18:52:06

*due to cloth nappies

Soyouare2faced Fri 30-Sep-16 18:57:50

I do a couple of loads a washing per day, I seem to have loads and I can't help but think its ridiculous, I buy them in the sale then when I get home I see the others and kick myself

JosephineMaynard Fri 30-Sep-16 19:00:15

I think the record number of sleep suits we got through in one day was 8 - combination of nappies leaking, baby weeing everywhere the minute the nappy was removed, baby possetting all over itself.

My babies tended to live in sleep suits until somewhere between 3 - 6 months.

Agree that the number you buy will largely depend on how often you want to wash clothes though.

Soyouare2faced Fri 30-Sep-16 19:05:36

I have plain ones for night and then nice ones for the day . I was having a sort out and was appalled at how many DD has. I find the same ones get worn. I'll have to rotate the pile when they are washed

skankingpiglet Fri 30-Sep-16 21:45:48

DD2 is 14 wks, she has probably 10 sleep suits in her current size but we only use half regularly. I've only just started dressing her in comfy clothes some days during the day.
How many you need depends on your baby I think. My first loved a good sick, usually the moment I finished doing up the last popper on a clean suit. Both girls have liked to store up their wee so their cloth nappies are bone dry one moment, then soaked through and seeping on the legs seconds later. If your baby likes large explosive shits then you'll need more again. Like muslins, some will be able to get by with a half dozen, others will need a warehouse full.

Soyouare2faced Fri 30-Sep-16 22:03:03

DD is a very sicky baby, last night it was 4 suits between bath and bed

Nottalotta Sat 01-Oct-16 18:33:28

Ds was in sleepsuit day and night until he started crawling. He had about 8-10 in each size I think. He still wears them for bed most nights (14 months) and has 4 I think.

Soyouare2faced Sat 01-Oct-16 18:43:55

This confirms that I need to stopping buying them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now