Talk

Advanced search

Dd won't eat anything at home!

(2 Posts)
mrsmoomoopoopoo Fri 30-Sep-16 08:49:34

She is 11 months old and eats absolutely loads at nursery or if we are out eating but won't eat at home.

It's really frustrating.

At first she only seemed to eat if she fed herself and didn't like being spoon fed so I've made an effort to give her lots of finger foods that she can feed herself. Now she's refusing to eat those too.

Anyone else's lo's only eat at nursery or out and not at home?

I'm not sure if she doesn't like being in her high chair at home and that's the reason because sometimes me and DH will sit her on our knee and the other will feed her and she will eat a lot better that way.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

crayfish Fri 30-Sep-16 08:55:58

No advice really but DS is exactly the same! Nursery tell me 'oh he's such a good eater' and I'm like hmm

I've tried everything, high chair or no high chair, finger foods, spoon feeding, letting him spoon feed himself, feeding him exactly the same things he eats at nursery (throws it back in my face), feeding him only things I know he really likes - you name it. I'd like to tell you it gets better and maybe it does for some but DS is 14 months and has been like this for ages.

My only advice is to try not to stress about it as the more frustrated I get, the more he gets annoyed and then we end up with food all over the floor and us both in a bad mood. I am trying to relax now and take comfort in the fact that he's not going to starve because he does at least eat well at nursery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now