Talk

Advanced search

New child car seat laws and changes - help!

(5 Posts)
krussell19 Mon 26-Sep-16 12:38:01

https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/child-car-seats/#sthash.gsfkh7Mc.uxfs&strefDomain=t.co&stt_refQuery=/KK8GGnVQEt

Find myself totally baffled by mindblowing world of car seat law changes...spent ages trying to figure out what car seat my son should be in by weight and height as he's tall but still in rear facing. New laws coming in in December - this is helpful! Anyone seen any other good clear explanations?

Highlove Mon 26-Sep-16 14:54:41

I was similarly baffled. Go to John Lewis and get one of their trained staff members to show you seats you can have and then don't worry about the detail. That was my solution, anyway!

Bamaluz Mon 26-Sep-16 17:15:25

Or you could have a look here to give you an idea of what you are looking for first

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Mon 26-Sep-16 17:27:19

No change, other than an increased minimum size for a backless booster.

I think that Which? guide is pretty clear, but most places that sell car seats can advise you in the law.

barefootbird Mon 26-Sep-16 18:59:48

I've always used the direct gov website and it is really clear (IMO anyway) and dispelled a few myths that were doing the rounds on facebook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now