Talk

Advanced search

Baby acne

(7 Posts)
violetsmam Wed 14-Sep-16 16:19:40

Hi everyone!

New mum to DD aged 4 weeks and in the last week she has developed little pimples all over her cheeks and few on chin and neck. I showed the health visitor and they said its completely normal, just wondering if anyone had any tips on should I put anything on it? Should I leave it? Does it go on its own?

Thanks!

Bedsheets4knickers Wed 14-Sep-16 17:11:47

It's very common my da had it . I bathed his face regularly about 4 times a day with cotton wool and cooled boiled water .. Cleared it up within a week x

MissCalamity Wed 14-Sep-16 18:10:55

Yes it does eventually go on it's own. It doesn't look nice though does it?
Allegedly rubbing a bit of breast milk on it helps if you are breast feeding!

ceepeeree Wed 14-Sep-16 18:14:11

we had it here too...it'll go...you just need to be patient (I never even imagined the words "baby" & "acne" went together before dd got it!)

ODog Wed 14-Sep-16 21:43:34

My two both had really severe cases to the point it looked sore and painful. Was told breastmilk helps (it didn't) and go prescribed an emollient cream which also didn't help. In the end it just went on its own after a month or so. It looks dreadful at the time though and especially with pfb DS I was desperate to get rid of it.

violetsmam Wed 14-Sep-16 22:10:06

Thanks everyone for the advice and replys! Hopefully it will go soon, just bathed it in cool boiled water and cotton wool and I'll keep that up! smile

HappyInL0nd0n Thu 15-Sep-16 01:45:36

Ditto here. A few weeks and it completely cleared. Also (and I'm embarrassed admitting this), I felt a bit startled and unhappy about the spots. My beautiful little girl suddenly had the skin of a 13 year old smoking 15 fags a day behind the bike shed. I felt ashamed of feeling upset about it - I was also advised they would pass quickly - but I felt much better when another mother in my NCT group admitted that she'd postponed having her baby's passport photo taken until they'd cleared up. You're possibly way more balanced and chilled, but just in case you aren't, I thought I'd share... ;-) My girl's skin cleared almost overnight at about 6 weeks. Good luck and enjoy this time together x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now