Would you let DD wear DS school shirts?

(11 Posts)
catmadmum Sat 10-Sep-16 18:53:04

Just that really. I have a load of age 7 white school shirts DS has outgrown. DD will now fit them but they are boys shirts. Does anyone else recycle like this? What's the difference in boys and girls shirts - the shirts say M&S boys on the inside so I wouldn't want her to be teased although she's only yr 2. Any thoughts?

TyrionLannistersShadow Sat 10-Sep-16 18:55:13

Eh yes and I have done for years because dd is the youngest with older brothers! They're all white shirts no matter what the label says ;) . I usually buy tesco ones.

RJnomore1 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:56:09

I wouldn't have a problem but shirts are never left white enough in this house to pass from dd to dd.

BertrandRussell Sat 10-Sep-16 18:56:49

I'd probably take the label saying "boy's" out, just in case, but otherwise fine.

teenmumandsowhat Sat 10-Sep-16 18:58:27

I would, and if it bothered you that much, cut the label out!
I also have a dd and a ds and when my dd starts school next year all her shirts will be "boys" as 1) the cut is bigger. 2) school uniform is so flipping expensive, her brother who will be in the year below, will use her hand-me-downs, as I simply won't be able to afford to buy two sets of brand new uniforms. And don't see the point either if there is a perfectly adequate second hand set.

Floggingmolly Sat 10-Sep-16 18:58:54

Yes. They did.

hazeyjane Sat 10-Sep-16 19:00:13

Yes I would, then again dd1and 2 both wear boy's school shorts too, so I don't think they'd care!!

hownottofuckup Sat 10-Sep-16 19:00:32

I think they have the buttons on the other side, but I don't know which side is which, I doubt many do and I highly doubt anyone would notice just by looking at them.

OdinsLoveChild Sat 10-Sep-16 19:02:39

I would. The only noticeable difference is the buttons are on opposite sides and no darts in the back. Under a jumper there's nothing between them and children generally don't notice things like buttons anyway.

MushyPeeeees Sat 10-Sep-16 19:03:55

I've bought my dd boy's polo shirts. Because the girls ones have a frilly colour that I'm not fussed on. I think it's fine!

catmadmum Sun 11-Sep-16 23:45:24

Thanks for your replies. Will be reusing them based on your comments. The 'boys ' label can't be cut out though as M&S print it in big black letters on the actual shirt by neck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now