Talk

Advanced search

Recommend sound machine to muffle new baby cries from toddler?

(10 Posts)
beemay Mon 05-Sep-16 14:01:47

I'm expecting my second baby in a few weeks and worried my (finally, at last) good-at-sleeping toddler is going to be disturbed by the baby's cries at night. So wondered about playing white noise or similar in the toddler's room to shield her from the noise... Has anyone done this and have any recommendations for a good sound box, please? The ones on amazon don't seem to fit the bill...

boopdoop Mon 05-Sep-16 19:02:34

We use this and it's great. Doesn't come with power lead so it's batteries or buying a cheap lead... I bought it on recommendation of a friend who uses it for exactly same reason as you. We've had it 18 months and use it every night. www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00140W5IU

beemay Mon 05-Sep-16 21:12:26

Oh that looks ideal (apart from power cable) - thanks so much!

GeorgeTheThird Mon 05-Sep-16 21:13:54

You might not need one. My toddlers could both sleep through the burglar alarm going off.

handyhands Mon 05-Sep-16 21:30:22

Iv got one of these... Saved my sanity

boopdoop Mon 05-Sep-16 22:11:02

The power cable thing is annoying, but the batteries last a couple of months, with it being on all night, so it's not too bad, hasn't been annoying enough to make me get round to buying a cable!!

TeaBelle Mon 05-Sep-16 22:12:30

We just use a fan

GettingScaredNow Mon 05-Sep-16 22:14:51

I downloaded a rain sound album for about £4 from iTunes into my iPod. Put the dock in Dd's room. Jobs a good un.
Plays all night on repeat. Is infinitely portable and have downloaded the same album (for free as I already own it!) onto iPads and phone and other iPod for travelling and for DS's room now.

helly29 Thu 08-Sep-16 21:29:25

we used this: www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-Portable-Rechargeable-Bluetooth-Microphone/dp/B00JK6MQEI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1473366474&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+speakers

Downloaded some white noise/nature sounds onto a microSD card and put it in the slot. The only downside was that I had to put it behind the curtain as there's a flashing light.

superking Thu 08-Sep-16 21:31:06

I just tune the radio into white noise. Mine is to stop the baby being woken up by the preschooler though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now