Are "Crap" and "Bloody" swearing??

(10 Posts)
RainbowDashstolemyidentity Thu 01-Sep-16 13:34:20

My DP's kids ages 15-9 use them all the time, the first time I heard them say it I thought that DP would pull them up on it but he didn't. I asked him about it when I realised that they use them all the time and it turns out that its not swearing in his book.
My kids were raised to think that it is and were pretty shocked when they heard kids "swear". I know that they aren't saying the F word or C word but even so I don't think its right.
I am absolutely not a prude at all and like a good swear as much as the next person however I'm an adult!!

Soubriquet Thu 01-Sep-16 13:36:01

Not really swearing tbh but can be used inappropriately in certain situations.

ShelaghTurner Thu 01-Sep-16 13:37:45

They are in my book. But then my two (eldest 8) think that shut up, idiot and stupid are swear words grin They're in for a shock one day!

RainbowDashstolemyidentity Thu 01-Sep-16 13:38:10

Maybe its just me, I don't like to hear a 9 year old shouting "crap" when something does go his way or shout "where are my bloody shoes" just seems wrong.

SnugglySnerd Thu 01-Sep-16 13:39:39

I don't think they are nice words for young children to be using but I don't think I'd reprimand a teenager for using them.

RainbowDashstolemyidentity Thu 01-Sep-16 13:39:57

Shelagh .... my 9 year old thinks the same, I do have a ban on calling each other "idiots" though I hate it!

RainbowDashstolemyidentity Thu 01-Sep-16 13:41:19

I agree I've less of a problem with 14 & 15 year old saying it, I do think they shouldn't use it around little kids though

CMOTDibbler Thu 01-Sep-16 13:41:30

Def swearing, and not acceptable from anyone in our house. Idiot and stupid aren't used in relation to people either. Ds is 10, and knows all the swear words I'm sure, but dh and I don't swear routinely and ds follows suit

ShelaghTurner Thu 01-Sep-16 13:41:31

No I don't like it either, they get told off for saying idiot. Am thinking of calling a truce over shut up though. I'm sick of telling them off for it!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 01-Sep-16 13:42:17

Swear words until about secondary school IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now