Talk

Advanced search

Joint parties - do we get a present for the other kid?

(6 Posts)
MummyLostInParenthood Wed 31-Aug-16 09:02:54

Hiya, just wanted to check what the normal process is! Our friend's child is having a joint birthday party with another boy that we've met a couple of times but don't know so well. Should we get cards and presents for both, or just the one we know?

Would feel a bit wierd getting some token cheap present for a kid I don't really know, but I don't want to commit a social faux pas! 😀

TeaBelle Wed 31-Aug-16 09:05:05

I'd just get a card for the other child

NapQueen Wed 31-Aug-16 09:05:16

Did the invite come from one child or both?

I'd do proper present for friend and a card and packet of sweets for the other kid.

Mausageandsash Wed 31-Aug-16 09:08:18

Same as nap think it's still nice for the other child to have a present even if it's just sweets or stocking filler type thing

Northend77 Wed 31-Aug-16 09:19:09

For our twins' first birthday we had a joint party with another 3 babies who we had befriended at our local group. We each invited our own families and friends who only brought presents for the person who invited them. There were a couple of people we all knew who brought small gifts for all the babies but only because they knew us equally. I'd met a few of the people some of the other mums invited but I wouldn't have expected them to bring a gift for my girls. I'd do what others have suggested and maybe just get a card for the other child

heatherwithapee Wed 31-Aug-16 09:29:39

I've always taken presents for both children if my DC know / like them equally well. If we know the 'other' child but not enough to consider a friend of DC, we usually take a small gift and a card for them (sweets, pack of plasticine or a small sticker book etc.). If the 'other' child is unknown, just a card will do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now