Talk

Advanced search

anyone else had a shouty day?

(7 Posts)
justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Tue 30-Aug-16 20:31:18

Today has just been awful. Moving this weekend and trying to sort through belongings in the day whilst looking after DD1 (19mo) and DD2 (3wks). DD1 has hit that age where she says no to practically everything and screams and shouts over the smallest things that aren't going her way. I understand it's that age and that helps but when I'm trying to settle DD2 it isn't so easy to tolerate.

The day wasn't so bad but the evening has become difficult. DP decorating new home in the evenings so no help. I've been shouty towards DD1 and then I felt guilty for not giving her enough attention in the day. Finally got DD2 asleep so DD1 and I had a bath together which was nice. But then spoilt afterwards by unsettled DD2 (fussy in evenings) and DD1 being a toddler and almost throwing helself off my bed a few times whilst I'm feeding DD2. Had a few near heart attacks. My patience crumbled when DD1 accidentally tread on my bad toe for the millionth time that day.

Water under the bridge and tomorrow is another day but can't help feeling crappy and guilty for being shouty. Anyone else had a bad day?

user1471098628 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:35:51

Sounds pretty stressful. flowers I think most have been there. Moving is hard, babies and toddlers are hard. Throw in toddlers standing on sore toes!

Don't feel guilty for being human, just like you said, water under the bridge and soon you'll all be in your new home. Congrats on your new DD too, moving with a 3 week old. You deserve a medal!

justonesherryformedicinalpurpo Tue 30-Aug-16 21:34:37

Thank you user1471. Your message was truly lovely.

user1471098628 Tue 30-Aug-16 21:54:17

No worries. Meant every word.

Could toddler maybe "help" Daddy one day? Give you a bit of rest. One of my earliest memories is "helping" my Dad paint my little brother's room. I was a right pain, no doubt. But the mess wasn't that bad and I had warm milk when he had his tea grin.

FusionChefGeoff Tue 30-Aug-16 22:02:06

Me! Was trying to get out for a lovely day trip plus cleaner was due so frantically trying to clear the floors / pack bags / load car with mega defiant 4yo and typical 22mo who sounds just like yours.

Shouted, apologised. All good. 4yo when asked not to put his slippers on "I don't want to" lost my shit. Shouted again, said "shit", apologised again. Shouted again in car park when he ran out and nearly got run over.

We were heading home by 13.50!!

It sucks but we're human and at least a) it's not normal behaviour and b) we feel bad and in my case c) I apologised lots and gave lots of cuddles in between the shouting!!

OhHolyFuck Tue 30-Aug-16 22:12:32

Yep. Coming to the end of the summer holidays so patience is worn thin all the way round here
Ds1 then woke up at 5am and woke me and ds2 up by shouting skylander plot lines to himself and sounding like a herd of rhinos when he went for a wee
I'd only gone to sleep at 3am after thinking/worrying about stuff and ds2 is not good at mornings as it is, so it's been a tired, grumpy, snappy day from everybody here today....

golfmonkey Wed 31-Aug-16 07:57:49

I have become much more shouty since dc2 came along (4.5 months ) It doesn't help that dc1 is only young (21 months) and so doesn't really understand much. House move at the same time sounds like it would double the stress! It's hard not to shout but I wouldn't beat yourself up about it - i'm sure the majority of the time you aren't shouting, it's just that that is the part of the day you remember sad. I know your DP is decorating but he needs to do it after your dc1 has gone to bed. It's just too hard otherwise. Bath/bed will.coincide with new baby's witching hour and so he needs to step in. Honestly, the decorating isn't as important as you and your health. It just needs to be safe/livable and then you can delay the rest for 6-12 months. Your toddler is only going to draw on the walls/poop on the carpet at some point anyway. You have my congratulations and sympathies - it is a really hard time but I'm sure once your dc2 is older will be the best thing ever! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now