What can I do to entertain 3 and 6 year old today and tomorrow?

(11 Posts)
KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Tue 30-Aug-16 10:36:38

We've had a busy summer of holidays, visitors from abroad, playdates, and lovely family days out. And I'm out of steam. All of our friends are away, we've been to all of the playgrounds 382616393916 times, and we went swimming twice over the weekend. TV has been on since 8 am and needs to go off but I'm completely out of ideas. Help me.

Rainbowqueeen Tue 30-Aug-16 10:43:32

Teddy bears picnic - cook for it first together, get them to design and make a menu, set up teddies round the blanket

Play dough

Read lots of books together

Go outside and blow bubbles, use paintbrushes and water to "paint"

Dress ups

2014newme Tue 30-Aug-16 10:43:36

Library
Google what's in local area
Museum
Get bus to nearby town
Picnic
Fly kite
Bikes and scooters trip
Good luck

2014newme Tue 30-Aug-16 10:44:12

Washing dolls clothes, give them bucket of water outside

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Aug-16 10:47:21

Museum
Bike ride

All day bus ticket and see where it takes you? (DD and I have explored most of West Yorkshire this way)

National Trust property - they often have holiday activities and excellent playgrounds

Beach (obvs I don't know where you are).

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Tue 30-Aug-16 10:47:56

These are great, thank you! We haven't been to the library in a while. I am so lazy I will have to work up to that smile. In the meantime, gearing up for water play...

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Tue 30-Aug-16 10:48:37

We are in west London, so close to lots of stuff. Just feeling lazy and done.

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Tue 30-Aug-16 10:49:23

National Trust is a good idea, we haven't gotten our money's worth from that membership yet. I think I will plan that for tomorrow.

BikeRunSki Tue 30-Aug-16 10:51:19

Syon House
Richmond Park
Train to Brighton
S Ken Museums
Get tube to the end of the line

sadie9 Tue 30-Aug-16 11:22:14

Get a couple of sheets and make a tent out of the kitchen table and a few chairs, or drape over sofa/armchair to make a tent. They will entertain themselves with that, getting cushions and stuff and putting the teddies in.

Also a tent for the garden can be good fun too, setting up a 'camp'. They can make their 'beds' and things in there.

Snafflebrain Tue 30-Aug-16 11:24:38

Food dye and washing up liquid in plastic containers - all outside. Retreat and watch from a safe distance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now