All I do is work and be a mum :(

(11 Posts)
Kione Sat 27-Aug-16 10:24:21

I have DD nearly 7 and am 23 weeks pregnant.
So that basically. I love DD to bits and she was wanted etc. Before the pregnancy DP took turns to go out and do stuff on our own. All was ok. Decided to have another baby and all I seem to do is that. Work and kids stuff. Today I am really sick of it.
DP has be indulging on his hobby all week, another one to go as there is an event, and I am home feeling incredibly lonely and sad.
If I tell him he says "I am entitled to be emotional due to hormones". No! Am fucking bored! sad
Also this is a rural place and am not from here originally so no family around or friends.

bobgoblin123 Sat 27-Aug-16 10:27:56

Sorry you feel like this. Is there something you would like to do? A hobby perhaps?

isthistoonosy Sat 27-Aug-16 10:30:20

You need to tell your oh you are having me time be that to play a game on the computer, reading, going for a walk it os your me time to do with as you please and you need it.

IzzyIsBusy Sat 27-Aug-16 10:30:47

You need equal time.
I dont have hobbies as such but time alone is shared between DP and myself.
If he is doing his hobby on a Saturday i get time on the Sunday to do what i want. Sometimes thats a few hours to myself and then we have family time and sometimes it is the whole day to myself.

He is being selfish and indulging only his needs and wants. You have to talk to him and not in a "this is optional" way. It needs to be a firm "this is how much free time you have and i am having the same" .

Kione Sat 27-Aug-16 10:50:03

Thanks for replying, it really is apreciated.
I just don't know what to do being pregnant. Before my free time which was divided was spent on going out with friends that don't have kids or the kids are grown. There is a huge drinking culture here. I went to a bbq a few weeks ago and I was the only one sober, it wasn't great...
I don't mind not drinking, but all non drinking activities are with kids.
I don't really have hobbies. But I will have to find something.

Kione Sat 27-Aug-16 10:53:05

There is sports activities of course.
I tried cycling which I used to do back home but we live on top of a huge hill and coming back was so hard I gave up.
And now pregnant its impossible anyway.

LadySpratt Sat 27-Aug-16 10:59:51

I got fed up of hearing DP was off out to his hobby; he doesn't do it maliciously or selfishly, he just does it. So one morning I got in first that I was doing something. He looked surprised but accepted it. That's when I learned I could do something too. Good luck!

bobgoblin123 Sat 27-Aug-16 11:04:09

I really enjoy walking and listening to my iPod. Even when the baby is born you could push the pram on walks. You definitely should find something to do, you need to look after yourself!

Kione Sat 27-Aug-16 11:08:43

There is honestly not much for adults. Today is kiddies club, tomorrow kiddies picnic.
I hate bank holidays as I like my job and I rather be at work.
I tried a meditation group in the past. I quite enjoyed that but in the end I used to fall sleep blush so stopped going.
I did make a nice little meditating corner at home but it doesn't last long before being taken over again.

Kim82 Sat 27-Aug-16 11:11:12

Could you arrange to go out with some friends for dinner then on to the cinema? That's always my plan when I want a night out with no alcohol.

Kione Sat 27-Aug-16 11:24:33

I am not that close to anyone, if there is group things like pubs or BBQ to do I get invited but anything else would feel odd.
Plus there are only like 3 films here and I watched 2 with DD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now