We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rejected

(3 Posts)
MissBonanza Fri 26-Aug-16 19:54:50

My 1 year old has suddenly started rejecting me when she's upset. It's started quite suddenly over the last week or so - tonight she cried for 30 minutes getting more and more hysterical each time I tried to soothe her. She wouldn't let me touch her and slapped me away in a rage. My partner came in and picked her up and she was instantly calm. This has happened to a lesser extent every morning this week - her crying until he holds her.

We do roughly equal childcare but he has been doing a bit more of the night time stuff recently and I don't know if it's that.

I'm suddenly panicked that she hasn't attached to me even though I did BF and exclusively look after her initially

Any advice or tips, it's really upsetting!

FireflyGirl Sun 28-Aug-16 19:52:53

There's another thread floating around somewhere with the same issue. The general consensus seems to be that it's a phase.

It also doesn't mean she hasn't attached to you - the opposite in fact. She's very confident of your love!

I can't help with tips or advice, other than to say wait it out, which I appreciate isn't very comforting when you're upset, so have some wine and chocolate that you don't have to share if she's clinging to daddy

Puppymouse Sun 28-Aug-16 19:56:11

My DH went through at least a year of my DD actually screaming every time he tried to hold her. It lasted until she was two. And I started leaving the house more with him staying to look after him and gradually we're sort of now level pegging in the "crying for mummy/daddy" stakes. He never let it phase him or make him upset or angry, he just rode it out and as someone else said it's just a phase. Hard in the meantime though flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now