Tandem or side by side buggy

(6 Posts)
Jennywallpaper Thu 25-Aug-16 09:37:11

Hi, just wondering what people's opinions/experiences are with double buggys. It's for a 6month old & a 2.5 year old. I have a tandem at the minute, which I like cause it's easy to get in and out of shops etc, but it's quite bulky and heavy, so was wondering if a side by side would be better but I've never used one. So just looking for some advice really. Thanks

Bryna Thu 25-Aug-16 09:43:22

Have you thought of getting a single with a buggyboard or seat? If your 2.5 is nearly ready to leave the pushchair it maybe a lighter or easier solution! Side by side pushchairs can be cramped for the larger child, depending on the brand.

spad Thu 25-Aug-16 09:46:18

Yeah, Brynas right. It won't be long before you just need a single buggy. I got a cheap side by side that was second hand, I did think it would be better. It hardly fits through any shop checkout and very few doors.

Jennywallpaper Thu 25-Aug-16 10:58:54

I bought a buggy board but DS hated it, and I wouldn't be very confident with him walking beside the buggy when it's just me with them. When DH is there DS walks and we use the single, so it's really just for when I'm on my own and we have a bit of a distance to go or around the town/roads where it wouldn't be very safe. Thanks for the replys!

Bryna Thu 25-Aug-16 12:04:12

I would say have a look for a nipper 360, they are very manoeuvrable, not too wide and are great to push for long distances!!

Northend77 Thu 25-Aug-16 12:04:21

Have a look at the Sit n Stand by Baby Trend. I just got one for short distances with my 22 month old twins and have put my bigger tandem in the garage for days out. The Sit n Stand is a tandem buggy with a removable back seat revealing a buggy board underneath as he might be more interested later on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now