Talk

Advanced search

Baby jabs, me so emosh

(13 Posts)
mummasays Wed 24-Aug-16 19:45:49

My LO had his first jabs today, he was fine had a little cry then was smiling again 5 minutes later! Luckily hubby was with me to hold him as I couldn't do it then I had to hold back tears when he had the jabs!! Why was I getting so emotional wasn't me having them confused

BertieBotts Wed 24-Aug-16 19:47:11

I don't know but you're not alone! I am going to make DH take our next one because I can't bear it.

It doesn't help that I hate needles. Unfortunately despite trying the brave face thing I seem to have passed on my terror to DS. This is another reason why DH is handling the next time.

SpeakNoWords Wed 24-Aug-16 19:49:36

Because (hopefully) it's the first time you've seen your baby in pain, that you can't relieve or reduce. It's no fun to watch, but it does get easier, I think, each time it happens.

CobsAhoy Wed 24-Aug-16 20:51:04

I cried! Second time was fine though.

sentia Wed 24-Aug-16 20:53:11

It's awful when they cry and then give you a really sad "what did you do that for" look sad

I found singing while the needle was going in helped. It distracted both of us.

peaceloveandtwirlywoos Wed 24-Aug-16 20:55:58

It's very unnatural to hold your baby down and allow someone to hurt them, even though you're doing it for their benefit and it needs to be done! I cried at the first ones, but knew the score at the next ones. Well done to you, it's not easy!

Boogers Wed 24-Aug-16 20:59:04

It really is true when they say it hurts you more than it hurts them. Like you say, he was smiling again after 5 minutes but that ear piercing cry and the look on his face will stay with you for a long time!

NaturalRBF Wed 24-Aug-16 21:00:02

I cried so much once the nurse apologised to ME confusedgrin

mummasays Wed 24-Aug-16 21:08:23

The nurse asked me if I was ok after blushshe could tell by my face and watery eyes I think!!

Toria2014 Wed 24-Aug-16 21:37:12

I cried so much, the nurse was nearly in tears as well! blush

Nottalotta Fri 26-Aug-16 22:21:53

I cried too. And this has just reminded me that there are more to come.

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Sat 27-Aug-16 17:14:49

Yes, I cried too. I understood this to be a fairly normal response from friends' reports, but the GP looked at me like I was the biggest wimp on earth, so maybe not!

MadeForThis Sat 27-Aug-16 17:29:39

I cried that morning before I even left the house. Still cried at the other 2 sets but less so. Could laugh at myself then. DH had to come and hold her each time. Not looking forward to the one year injections.

But, it's quick. They stop crying straight away. Not hurt for more than a second. And they forget immediately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now