Talk

Advanced search

Baby/toddler friendly muffins recipes please!

(5 Posts)
Tinks15 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:25:53

Trying to get some fruit/veg into 13 month DD she isnt a massive fan of fruit/veg on its own. Thinking she might eat it in a muffin though.

Pinkheart5915 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:29:43

My ds is 11 months and I make him broccoli and cheese muffins he loves them!

cooked broccoli florets, chopped
6 grape/cherry tomatoes, chopped
4 oz (1 cup) grated Cheddar cheese
8 oz (2 cups) self rising flour (or – to reduce salt levels – use all purpose/plain flour plus 3 level tsp baking powder)
6 fl oz (3/4 cup) milk – use whole milk, or breastmilk/formula if you prefer
3 tbsp olive oil
1 egg, beaten

Pre-heat the oven to 375 deg F, 180 deg C.
In a bowl, mix together the flour, cheese and chopped broccoli.
Add the chopped tomatoes, milk, oil and egg and blend thoroughly.
Grease a 12 hole muffin tin and spoon in the batter.
Bake for 25 to 35 mins until golden.

Remembermyname Mon 15-Aug-16 16:31:01

My 3 year old loves these - mylovelylittlelunchbox.com/2015/02/05/savoury-muffins/ and also some breakfast muffins that were from I Can Cook (I found the receipt on BBC food pages) - they were Apple and blueberry I think. Both freeze really well

Pinkheart5915 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:35:30

Also carrott and courgette are a bit too not only with my ds but my friends twins too I think the carrott must give a slightly sweet taste

For the base mix

125g extra-mature cheddar cheese (worth buying extra mature as it adds to the flavour)
225g self-raising flour
175ml milk
55ml olive oil
1 egg
pepper (to taste)
For the carrot and courgette muffins

1 large carrot, grated
1 large courgette, grated

Preheat your oven to 200'C/ 400'F/ Gas mark 6
Make sure you squeeze out the courgettes and carrots to remove any excess liquid
In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, cheese, carrot and courgette
Add in the oil, milk and egg and stir it all together to form a smooth, slightly gloopy batter
Lightly grease the muffin tins with oil and spoon the mixture in evenly, about 2/3 the way to the top of each tin
Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes
The muffins are ready when they are risen, golden on top and fairly dense to the touch
Leave them to cool for a few minutes before serving them warm

Pinkheart5915 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:36:01

Big hit too, not bit hit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now