Help, how do you help a baby poo

(12 Posts)
londonrach Fri 12-Aug-16 07:31:18

Never thought id say the above title. My almost 3 week old baby hasnt poohed for almost 48 hours. Hv said not to worry. Ive cycled her legs, had time without nappy and walked around with her but nothing...no poo. She refushed to latch so is bottle fed and we not had a problem to date. Any more suggestions please!

Bambooshoots14 Fri 12-Aug-16 07:33:20

Is it bothering her?

A soft tummy massage can help, as can stroking the bum hole with something wet

londonrach Fri 12-Aug-16 07:39:26

She straining so probably upsetting me more. Have tummy rubbed her and just tried the wet cotton wool on her bum. The day before we went to meet other mums and it was very hot in cafe despite us stripping them all down to nappies and she vomitted three times which is unlike her. Im wondering if she has nothing to poo. Shes not unwell in her self as smiles etc as normal just this straining. Last night she straining pretty much every hour. Awful!

HSMMaCM Fri 12-Aug-16 08:09:09

It's probably fine, but your health visitor or gp won't mind checking.

WipsGlitter Fri 12-Aug-16 08:11:25

At that age I'd get some advice. Warm bath might help.

londonrach Fri 12-Aug-16 08:49:59

She just poohed!!!!!!!! Was running a bath for her.... Cant believe how happy at another human poohing! 💩💩💩💩

londonrach Fri 12-Aug-16 08:52:55

Still staining although that nappy was full!!! Take it going to happen again!!!

BertrandRussell Fri 12-Aug-16 08:57:59

She may not be straining- it may just be that her guts aren't quite working properly yet and she has to put a bit of effort into getting the poo out- particularly if she's otherwise happy.

I'm sure you are, but make sure that you're measuring her feeds properly, even a tiny bit too strong can cause constipation.

londonrach Fri 12-Aug-16 09:06:47

I think you right her gut still new although we had lots and lots of skin to skin. Im very careful when making her feeds up. Ive just Feed her a little bit of cooled boiled water too following hv advice. Not sure what worked but it did and shes asleep on me!! 😍 When do you stop worrying about everything.

BertrandRussell Fri 12-Aug-16 09:09:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BertrandRussell Fri 12-Aug-16 09:09:51

Sorry- wrong thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Timetogrowup2016 Fri 12-Aug-16 09:10:01

So glad.

Congrats on your little one btw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now