Help! Baby refusing a bottle

(8 Posts)
shalalala Thu 11-Aug-16 20:47:45

My 3 month old breastfed baby is completely refusing a bottle which I want to give her occasionally so I can go out. We've tried a few types of bottle but he still refuses and screams the house down. I'm desperate to be able to have just a little time off. Any advice very much appreciated

Artandco Thu 11-Aug-16 20:49:06

Try nuk latex bottle

Get partner to give it to her 90 mins after last feed so she's getting hungry but not super hungry so distressed

shalalala Thu 11-Aug-16 21:43:32

Thank you. Will hunt down a nuk

shalalala Thu 11-Aug-16 21:43:46

Is the latex likely to make a difference?

Nowthereistwo Thu 11-Aug-16 21:51:28

Go out while someone tries the bottle (you won't be stressed by any crying). Try lots of different positions - initially my bf baby liked it in the reclining chair not whilst held.

Topsy44 Fri 12-Aug-16 17:58:35

We had terrible trouble with our 3 month old trying to take a bottle. After many attempts she would just refuse point blank. I think I could open a shop with all the different bottles I brought!

We were getting really desperate. We decided eventually that I would go out for the day and my DH said I wasn't to come home until he cracked it. It took until early afternoon and he managed to get her to take it by putting his little finger in her mouth, she took this first and then he put the bottle in.

After that, there was no going back. She's now 4 and is a happy healthy ball of energy but very stubborn!!

Drivingforpeace Fri 12-Aug-16 18:10:23

my dd was the same. I honestly spent nearly a hundred pounds on every bottle and teat known to man. and every type of milk (I breastfed her for 14 months). it never worked. I freaked out at first. I mean what do you DO with a baby that won't take a bottle? I didn't know such a thing existed!! i tried for weeks. in the end I discovered she liked normal sippy cups, just the simple £2 ones. naturally. no good for lying down of course, but better than nothing. i think she would only have water in it though,struggling to remember. but water and a puree will get you a night off!for what it's worth, she is incredibly stubborn still now, but a fascinating character. 2 yrs old now.

RosyfingeredDawn Fri 12-Aug-16 18:13:07

I recommend trying a Nuk teat as well. It's 13 years ago now and I thought I wouldn't be able to go back to work. Finally got the test and she wolfed it down. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now