Talk

Advanced search

Newborn clothes

(8 Posts)
ineedwine99 Thu 11-Aug-16 19:09:20

Hi, any tips as to what i should be dressing my newborn in? In the house i have her in a vest and sleep suit (plus cellular blanket over her button half during naps) at night a sleepsuit and a grosnug. That sound ok? House is about 18-20 degrees

HappyHeart87 Thu 11-Aug-16 19:17:00

Yeah sounds fine! Assuming baby isn't low birth weight etc.

Ellieboolou27 Thu 11-Aug-16 19:19:30

Sounds good, usually one extra layer than you would ware and check tog of grow bag is not too heavy.

ineedwine99 Thu 11-Aug-16 19:57:43

Thank you. Keep worrying she's too cold but basing that on me as i feel the cold.

RatOnnaStick Thu 11-Aug-16 20:04:06

Put your hand inside her vest. Her chest and back should feel dry and warm. If they do, she's fine. If cold, add a layer, if sweaty she's too hot, take one off. she sounds just fine to me.

BibbidiBobbidi Thu 11-Aug-16 20:08:39

Sounds fine to me, as others have said they should wear one layer extra than us.
During the heat wave next week I would probably take off the sleep suit and leave her in a vest. That's what I'll be doing with my DD anyway.

catlouboo Thu 11-Aug-16 20:17:23

Sounds the same as what I'm doing with my 10 week old. I think the general rule is 1 more layer than you (counting a folded over blanket as 2 etc). As PPs said, pop a finger down their chest or back to check. Don't go off their hands or feet.

ineedwine99 Thu 11-Aug-16 20:30:16

Thanks everyone. Chest is warm, not sweaty or clammy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now