Talk

Advanced search

HOT shower panicked please help

(8 Posts)
jar101 Thu 11-Aug-16 14:41:50

Just need but of advice bit panicked as took 4 month old daughter swimming all fine till got out and put her under shower felt a bit warm to touch but not scalding sjr likes her bath quite warm and it was only to wash the chlorine off - it was only after I got in shower it felt uncomfortablely hot now I don't know what to do as feel like I have harmed her feel so stupid and idiotic I didn't get in it first ...do I ring the hospital and tell them what has happened or what ??she did go very red afterwards and seemed very distressed she did not last time she went swimming so could her skin be burnt ?,thanks .

Lilaclily Thu 11-Aug-16 14:43:39

How is she now ? Is her skin still very red or has it calmed down ?

Imnotaslimjim Thu 11-Aug-16 14:45:56

Is she still distressed? Is her skin still red? #if no to both of those, she'll be fine. If yes to either of those, get her into a tepid (not cold) bath to soothe the skin. If it isn't blistered she should be ok. But if you had hold of her (I'm assuming you did) then you will have felt if it was too hot to her. She is likely distressed from the feel of the shower, it can feel a bit odd to a baby. I used to put DS in the sink and splash him with water from the tap to rinse him off then bath him when I got him home.

jar101 Thu 11-Aug-16 14:49:26

From what i can see of her it has gone to her normal very pale colour shes asleep now in her pram & im freaking out .there was a few red patches on her when I checked before .she was underneath it for about 50 seconds .

Imnotaslimjim Thu 11-Aug-16 14:50:59

If she's asleep I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine. Scalds hurt, a lot so she'd let you know. Please don't upset yourself, we've all done daft stuff. You sound a little anxious TBH.

jar101 Thu 11-Aug-16 14:57:18

@imnotaslimjim when she wakes I will check if she is blistered she seems pale white like normal now . yes I did hold her underneath but i didnt step in .only my elbows were under ,and it felt very warm but not scalding . I stepped in briefly and thats when I felt it( i want to cry I feel awful I know that's not going to help ):/

jar101 Thu 11-Aug-16 15:00:23

@imnotaslimjim yes I am quite an anxious person . but just want to do everything right! i was panicking about chlorine being left in her skin that's why I put her under now I can't believe I didnt stop to think .

Imnotaslimjim Thu 11-Aug-16 15:08:41

I thought so, it sounds like something I'd stress about. Honestly though, she will be fine. You're doing a great job flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now