Talk

Advanced search

6 weeks check heart murmur

(8 Posts)
mummasays Wed 10-Aug-16 23:50:01

So we had out 6 week post natal check and the dr found a murmur in baby's heart. Has anyone else had this and it came back ok? He's got to have an ecg scan but have to wait for an appointment the wait alone is horrible!! I'm just worried?!

fruitpastille Thu 11-Aug-16 00:00:12

My DD had one at birth that lingered for a week or two but then was fine (sometimes it takes time for the valves to work differently from being in utero to being born.) I've also heard they can happen temporarily following a viral infection. It's impossible not to worry, hope everything is ok.

DailyMailPenisPieces Thu 11-Aug-16 00:17:40

Yes, me. It was an 'innocent' murmur and he is fine. flowers

mummasays Thu 11-Aug-16 00:52:34

That is reassuring thank you!! Just got to wait for tests .. I think that's what's worrying me is the fact they have to do the tests!!

Oysterbabe Thu 11-Aug-16 15:51:41

My daughter had a murmur which turned out to be a small hole in her heart. It's not as scary as it sounds, she's fine and it may still close on its own.
Good luck, I hope it's nothing.

ShanghaiDiva Thu 11-Aug-16 15:54:11

DD had this - also turned out to be a small hole which closed on its own.
Agree - waiting is the worst part. Hope everything goes well smile

DulliDulli Thu 11-Aug-16 15:58:47

My DD had a murmur at 6 week check, after an ECG they decided not suspicious or worrying.

I had a heart murmur at birth too. I had an Atrial Septal Defect and required full open heart surgery to correct it. That was years ago though, surgery for a hole in the heart is now normally key hole.

It was worrying for my mum, but worth it as my quality of life would have been quite poor otherwise. I had an Ultrasound of my heart while I was pregnant and they could not even tell I had had surgery as the repair was so good.

itstheyearzero Thu 11-Aug-16 16:01:49

Yes DS had one that resulted in open heart surgery. However MOST murmurs are innocent so please do not worry at this stage. If the news is not good, then I'm more than happy to help you in any way I can. DS is 7 now and absolutely fine. Please let us know how the ECG goes, and I am leaving you with an unmumsnetty kiss because I know how worried you must be right now. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now