Tooth Fairy!

(6 Posts)
IGIG Wed 10-Aug-16 22:01:58

Did your parents make a fuss about tooth fairy and do you remember the visits as an adult?
My friend are making huge fuss, some look up fairy names, make kids write letters, parents write replies back, gifts (money, trips, toys, books etc).
I am dreading the day mine lose their tooth.
Is it worth the effort?
Is this elf on shelf like hard work that I have refused to indulge my children with..lazy mum!

Notso Wed 10-Aug-16 22:18:42

I got a letter from the tooth fairy telling me off because after loosing a top front tooth I proceeded to bang my head against my bedroom wall and knock out a tooth a night for four nights. It said if I knocked any more out I'd get no more money!
I also seem to remember my sister leaving a letter and my Dad wrote back.

The tooth fairy is sporadic at our house. Often my children think she hasn't come but I have a 'Mum look' and lo and behold she has visited and the coin has just fallen on the floor blush grin

NoFuchsGiven Wed 10-Aug-16 22:23:57

When my ds loses a tooth he opens my purse and swaps it for a quid grin sometimes I don't even know till I find a tooth whilst paying in the co op!

AnnPerkins Wed 10-Aug-16 22:27:16

No. They lose so many teeth. Who can be bothered making a fuss after the first one?

DS asked me outright if the TG is real. I wasn't going to lie to him.

PigeonPie Wed 10-Aug-16 22:27:46

I decided a long time ago not to make it more difficult than it already is so they just get the money (and sometimes that's hard to remember).

There are always the times when the tooth comes out when it least expected - when you're away or out for the evening and I was certainly not up to doing what my sister did with letters etc and not having them ready because she was away or out.

It was definitely the right decision!

However, DS1 (who now knows) has saved his last three teeth in the hope that the price will go up for bulk!

Gillian1980 Wed 10-Aug-16 22:46:23

Nope. We would leave the tooth under the pillow and wake up to find 50p there instead - no letters or anything. I never thought the tooth fairy was real, just that it was a fun tradition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now