Talk

Advanced search

How much formula does your four month drink and when?

(8 Posts)
milkyman Wed 10-Aug-16 09:52:07

Mine has about eight bottles of 5oz a day - too much i know.

milkyman Wed 10-Aug-16 09:52:20

I have a dd.

HandbagFan Wed 10-Aug-16 10:55:03

DS is now 5.5 months but he was having 7 bottles of 4 or 5ozs a day, about 3 hours apart at that age. He was averaging 33ozs a day at that point and going through what seems to have been a massive month long growth spurt. In the last 2 weeks it's slowed down to 28ozs a day, 5 bottles of 5-7ozs.

I wouldn't worry unless he's gaining weight enough to be passing multiple centipede lines on the growth chart.

BexusSugarush Wed 10-Aug-16 11:25:25

When our dd was about 5 months she was having about 30oz a day, although some days she'd have as much as 42oz. This was done over 5 feeds of 7oz, about 3-4 hours apart each, but she could go up to 8 hours a night without a feed; this has alot to do with feeding too.

As pp says, as long as your bubs is gaining weight steadily at a healthy pace, there is no reason to worry. What you might want to do is attempt to space their feeds out a bit, even if it means them having more at each feed. Or if you feel your baby is especially hungry, talk to your HV about introducing foods such a baby rice into their milk.

You're approaching the weaning stage anyways, although I imagine your little one is going to have quite an appetite! Plus babies slowly start to drop milk feeds as they eat more food.

Glitterkitten24 Wed 10-Aug-16 11:27:40

6 bottles of 7oz a day at 17 weeks- he's a big boy tho, 16lb15oz.

Glitterkitten24 Wed 10-Aug-16 11:28:32

Posted too soon. He's always been a hungry boy, and 4 months is a notorious growth spurt phase so I'm cool with what he's taking.

PeterRabbitt Wed 10-Aug-16 11:41:42

All three of mine were on 9oz 4 times a day by 4 months. The two elder ones had hungry baby formula by this point but current baby is quite happy on normal formula.

OutOfAces Wed 10-Aug-16 11:48:32

As long as her weight gain in line with what she should be I wouldn't worry.

My DS has 5-6oz 5 times a day. He's about 13.5lb and has been between the 9th and 25th percentile since birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now