Talk

Advanced search

Snacks for fussy 12.5 month old

(6 Posts)
Tinks15 Sun 07-Aug-16 16:26:05

Anyone have any snack ideas what i can give my 12.5 month old as a snack? I would give her some fruit but she only eats bananas confused. I will say she hasnt got a big appetite so i dont want to give her anything too filling.

Artandco Sun 07-Aug-16 16:32:35

So she's 1 year old?

Banana
Boiled eggs
Avocado
Cucumber
Carrots
Pepper
Houmous and pitta bread

It doesn't really matter if she fills up on snacks and has smaller meals if the snacks are healthy

Caterina99 Sun 07-Aug-16 18:18:57

DS is 13 months. He's a pretty good eater with a big appetite, but snacks he eats regularly are:

Fruit
Half a slice toast, crackers or other bready thing
Cheese
Veg sticks
Yoghurt
Sometimes it is just a smaller version of a meal if there was a little bit left.
DS can't eat hummus or peanut butter due to allergies, but he has figured out how to dip into sauce etc, so that kind of thing would be a good snack with fruit or bread.

If out and about he has packaged stuff like baby cereal bars, food pouch, raisins, yoghurt drops, baby crisp things, cheese strings whatever we can find.

Artandco Sun 07-Aug-16 19:31:44

Caterina- maybe try him with guacamole? (Just mash avocado, add few finely chopped tomatoes, garlic and some lime for basic one at home)

Caterina99 Mon 08-Aug-16 07:39:06

Thanks. I was actually thinking we should try quacamole the other day. If he doesn't like it then I'll have no problem eating it. Annoying he can't eat hummus as I love it and it's got so much protein.

DS usually just dips the one piece over and over again until it disintegrates and then I have to fish it out with a spoon. Oh well! It's not a hugely tidy snack, but it is time consuming

GoldPlatedBacon Mon 08-Aug-16 22:22:06

Babybel and raisins are our normal snacks. My dd would sell me for a fix of those two grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now