Talk

Advanced search

Sleep deprivation, feeding constantly during the night

(5 Posts)
1sttimemama1986 Sun 07-Aug-16 06:09:48

DS is 8 weeks old, I am breastfeeding although he has been having 1 bottle of formula during the evening. I pump at this time to maintain supply. My OH gives the bottle and there hadn't been any issues with this or my OH being able to put him down and settle him to sleep. DS had been waking perhaps 3 times a night for a 30min-1 hour feed but would settle five after

DS had immunisations on Thursday and since has been awake the majority of the nights since. Friday night 12-4am, tonight 1230 till now 6am. He is now refusing the bottle from OH and resisting sleep. I currently have him in baby carrier. He feeds on/off for hours and hours during the night and is quite sicky.

I am desperate for sleep but DS barely sleeps in the day unless on me in the carrier or in the car. My OH doesn't drive so I do any driving.

Please help, fear all this may not be direct result of immunisations and may just be how it is now has sunk in.

Advice, reassurance needed.

DropYourSword Sun 07-Aug-16 06:13:43

Don't panic. He may just be going through a developmental leap or a growth spurt.
I'd really recommend working on the day naps, even if it's in the sling or wherever, as t really seems to help night sleeps. Sleep begets more sleep.

bittapitta Sun 07-Aug-16 06:14:52

When DH gives bottle in the evening you should go to sleep. Try and get a good stretch. Maybe today given the rough night DH needs to take baby for a long walk while you catch up on sleep. You may have to sleep in a weird pattern for a while but it won't be forever do what you can to get by. This will pass.

1sttimemama1986 Sun 07-Aug-16 13:25:08

Thank you both. He does tend to nap ok during day if in carrier or out and about in pram/car.

There is a small window of happy baby when my OH is able to take over from me - as babe will only sleep on me at the moment, but I'll try wherever I can to sleep xx

ODog Sun 07-Aug-16 21:24:50

DS was like this from birth. I survived by cosleeping and feeding laying on my side in bed. It basically allowed him to feed on/off all night while I snoozed as much as I could during feeds. I hope it's a short lived phase for you. It exhausting and sleep deprivation sucks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now