Help please

(5 Posts)
peachy2410 Sat 06-Aug-16 11:06:22

Hi
I currently live in a rented house with DD and her dad. We are hardly in a relationship and I really don't want to be anymore. He's threatened to abduct DD previously and I have concerns with him looking after DD. He swears constantly and has a short fuse (verbal but not violent). DD is 10months and quite demanding. He plays with her nicely when I'm around but she's very attached to me and often cries wanting only me and he gets really ratty with her. She goes to my parents and to nursery though with no issues. I've stayed because I am terrified of him having her on his own. I am a gentle parent and he really isn't- I also have concerns over him taking her to his parents without me being present. They have 2 small dogs that they have no control over (climbed over car seat when DD was weeks old- Luckily she wasn't in it!) and are not hygenic (let dogs lick fingers then try and put their fingers near DDs mouth). One of them is also a heavy smoker who doesn't wash before trying to touch DD. If I'm there I can protect her but I can't live like this much longer. DD's is also skint so wouldn't be able to afford somewhere in his own- his family wouldn't take him in going on past stories. I'm a nice person and wouldn't want to see him out on his ear but I hate this part of my life right now. I currently pay for everything for DD but he does give me half of rent money. In reality I just can't cope with it anymore but I'm sticking with it to protect DD- she's my everything. I just don't know what to do. I'm so frightened of losing my little girl or something happening to her or people being awful to her sad what can I do?xx

BexusSugarush Sat 06-Aug-16 12:35:06

I'm sorry you're in such an awful situation. The best person you can talk to right now is your health visitor, as they take problems with the child's home life very seriously. They can put you in touch with the right people xx

peachy2410 Sat 06-Aug-16 21:26:38

Unfortunately my health visitor has moved to somewhere else so I've got a new one for 12month review that I've never met. I'm worried that as I don't know them if I say anything they'll think I'm a bad mum for staying or tell me just to hand her over sad( xx

peachy2410 Sat 06-Aug-16 21:27:17

Unfortunately my health visitor has moved to somewhere else so I've got a new one for 12month review that I've never met. I'm worried that as I don't know them if I say anything they'll think I'm a bad mum for staying or tell me just to hand her over sad( xx

SeashellHoarder Sat 06-Aug-16 22:48:48

I would speak to women's aid, they are there to help you at times like this.
Don't worry about them taking her away from you, but please get out now, this will only get worse.
Don't be afraid to ask for help, none of this is your fault and you weren't too know what a shithead father he'd end up being.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now