Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else's dc wake at the same time

(17 Posts)
imwithspud Sat 06-Aug-16 07:31:00

Regardless of what time they go to bed? They are 3.10 and 14 months.

We got back from our holiday at 9pm last night, meaning our 2 dc didn't get to bed till about 9:30, they are usually in bed for 7. We were secretly hoping they would sleep in a bit later but nope! Eldest was wide awake come 6:30am. I reckon the youngest would have slept longer but as they share a room once one wakes up then the other will be up not long after. Tried to encourage them to go back to sleep but to no avail.

Obviously when you have kids you expect early starts but I can't help but feel a little frustrated. Not to mention they will both be grumpy all day from lack of sleep.

Can't be just my dc though can it?

Believeitornot Sat 06-Aug-16 07:33:47

They do for the first night or two of a later bedtime but gradually sleep in later if we are on holiday.

They're normally early risers.

We are on holiday at the moment and my eldest is still asleep (730am). He normally wakes at 6/630am - when we get back home I expect he'll be back to his usual wake times.
I'm like this though - will wake at the same time regardless of bedtime unless I'm ill. Takes me a few days to adjust to a new routine.

ineedacupoftea2016 Sat 06-Aug-16 07:36:19

Ds is the same. Regardless of bedtime he's awake at 6.20 every single morning....

SharingMichelle Sat 06-Aug-16 07:36:42

Yep. They wake at 6.
If they go to bed early they wake cheerfully at 6.
If they go to bed late they wake furioisly at 6 and remain foul for the rest of the day.

ChipsCheeseandIrnBru Sat 06-Aug-16 07:38:51

Yes. DS is 2.6 and is a 6.15am riser. So me and the baby are up then too. I wonder if he hears his dad showering. Today dh is asleep next to me, lucky thing, baby is asleep on me and DS hasn't stirred yet! He was up at 4am though so probably tired.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sat 06-Aug-16 07:40:46

6:30 is good!! I thought at first you meant your 14 month old woke up at 3:10, THAT would be bad. DS is 14 months and up for the day between 5:00 and 6:30 no matter what.

hp2 Sat 06-Aug-16 07:44:28

They don't grow out ot it! My little boy age nearly 7 is up at 6.15 like clockwork. I suspect he is awake earlier but knows not to get up until then. Really really late night recently and he had a lie in until 6.20!!!

imwithspud Sat 06-Aug-16 07:52:37

Seems fairly common at least! They have been known to wake earlier but 6:30 seems to be the favourite time at the moment. They had a couple of late-ish nights on holiday and although we didn't hear (no monitor) them till a bit later I'm sure they were awake at their usual time.

Some family members are convinced we put them to bed too early but this is the exact reason why.

GrimmauldPlace Sat 06-Aug-16 08:18:19

Mine wake up between 5-6. No later than 6am definitely. Every. Single. Day. I've had the comments about just keeping them up later at night etc. Well, no. Because they'll still get up early and not only will I have not had some peace in the evening, I'll also have to put up with their foul moods all day.

lalalalyra Sat 06-Aug-16 13:33:19

Ds2 wakes at 5.15am no matter what time he goes to bed (and he never falls asleep until around midnight).

FiveFullFathoms Sat 06-Aug-16 13:39:30

Mine wake between 5.00 and 6.00 every morning regardless of what time they go to bed. They are 4 and 7 now and have been like this since they were babies. On the plus side, they are now able to entertain themselves quietly in their rooms until a more reasonable hour 6.30.

They still have an early bedtime so at least this way I get a child free evening!

ODog Sun 07-Aug-16 07:13:51

Yes, no matter what time DS (2.2) is in bed he is awake between 6-6.30am.

On holiday, if he has a run of late nights he might start sleeping an hour later.

IveAlreadyPaid Sun 07-Aug-16 07:19:02

They do grow out of it. One of my dc was a very early riser but age about 9 started sleeping later smile

Flanderspigeonmurderer Sun 07-Aug-16 07:21:29

Yes mine never sleeps in, regardless of what time he goes to bed, ever.

WhispersOfWickedness Sun 07-Aug-16 07:40:29

Yep, got two early risers here too, they are aged 6 and nearly 5.
They once slept in until 8am, but we'd got home at 1am (wedding), so it was a bit of a hollow victory hmm
Also irritates me when people suggest putting them to bed later... Nope, they are just up at the same time but are mega grumpy! angry

RipMacWinkle Sun 07-Aug-16 07:51:52

I'd say some grow out of it. Mine are up around 7, irrespective of bedtimes. Recently due to the holidays it has been as late as 10.30/11 and still the same. They're almost 7 and 10.

Our main issue with the 9 year old is that he wants to stay up later. But over the summer has got grumpier and grumpier. So we're trying to reset bedtime now.

He's always been that way. When he was younger it was closer to 6am so 7am in the last year or so is a big improvement.

TheOddity Sun 07-Aug-16 08:08:16

It does work putting them to bed later but not immediately!! We have a bedtime between 8pm and 9.30pm and they get up at 7 or just after. I think people who say it's not possible value their evenings more than they admit,which is perfectly fair but you can't have both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now