Talk

Advanced search

Double puschair

(6 Posts)
buttonO Sun 31-Jul-16 08:48:14

I have a 2 year old am pregnant due due March 17 so eldest will almost be 3 do I need a double buggy are there any stroller type that are car seat comparable eldest don't want a big expensive one when don't think we will use it that often ... Hit me with your options what you did ect X

lifeofdino Sun 31-Jul-16 09:28:25

We had a 3 year gap between 2 of the DC's, by the time the baby arrived DC3 was pretty much walking everywhere, I did have a couple of occasions where DC3 was being difficult and I had stuff that I needed to get done so I put DC3 in the pushchair and put DC4 in a decent sling.

I think there were also a couple of occasions when DC3 was just worn out and needed the pushchair to nap in, DC4 spent such a lot of time in the sling anyway that it wasn't really a problem.

I have used double in the past but only with 18m - 2 year age gaps.

wobblywonderwoman Sun 31-Jul-16 09:33:03

I use a Phil and teds and love it but its not car seat compatible but so easy to get around town and I think I will use it for another year or more

skankingpiglet Sun 31-Jul-16 11:04:44

I have a 5wk old and a 2.1yo. My choice of double buggy (Mountain buggy duet) doesn't meet your criteria as it's a bit heavy duty, but like a PP would recommend a sling and single pushchair combo. I vary using the double, sling/single, single/buggy board depending on circumstances. If DD1 was a bit older I wouldn't have bothered with a double at all. My single lies flat and is suitable from birth, so I can choose who to put in it depending on if the toddler needs a nap/can't be trusted to stay on the board.

In terms of getting what you need for your budget, I'd highly recommend second hand. You get people who are serial pushchair-changers (see the recent thread about how many pushchairs you've owned), so can get some very low-use examples up for sale. Plus often doubles aren't used for very long so aren't too heavily worn. A fraction of the cost and you get something decent.

Daisyandbabies Mon 01-Aug-16 10:56:16

Out n about nipper double. No contest. When oldest child gets to 3-4 and no longer wants to be bucked into a seat, the space above the front tire serves as a seat that they can hop on and off from. Fits through all standard doors, too. Carrycot is narrow but still good; i used it until baby was 9 months.

minipie Mon 01-Aug-16 11:26:54

I think wait until closer to your due date and see what your DC1 is like by then. At nearly 3 they may well be fine on a buggy board or walking. Depends how cooperative they are!

If you decide you need a double I would not suggest a side by side as they can be odd to push if weights are very different or one side is empty. How about Mountain Buggy+one, or a phil and teds because it makes a decent single if you don't need the double very often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now