Talk

Advanced search

Possible relocation. Secondary schools and areas Ainsdale, Birkdale, Formby, Ormskirk

(4 Posts)
Brighteyes27 Sat 30-Jul-16 18:30:32

Anyone have any first hand experience of these areas in terms of family life and Secondary Schools in these areas please? Many of the areas have single sex schools and much more catholic schools than we are used to.Are they safe, family friendly and or open to newcomers? I posted a while back but now another job in Liverpool is on the horizon.
We have driven through and briefly stopped in Ainsdale we loved the beach and the housing was more affordable but we didn't spend a lot of time here) but don't think we saw all of it may be up and coming and could be the new Birkdale or is it more an older persons place to live? Birkdale Village looked lovely in terms of the shops/restaurants with the racing green Canopys but is it a friendly safe place to live in etc? Formby on first impressions we liked the village centre but it and all of the places are much bigger and spread out than we thought but you don't get much house for your money in Formby or Birkdale. Never got to visit Ormskirk how does it compare? Thanks

mrsreddington Sat 30-Jul-16 18:43:14

I know those areas well. My children aren't school age yet do can't advise on schools. Birkdale and Formby are both good for families. I know birkdale better and there always seems to be something going on there. Lots of lovely restaurants, cafes and bars. Churchtown is also nice but pricier for houses. You get more for your money in birkdale/Ainsdale. Churchtown village is lovely though and close to 2 nice parks.

Ormskirk is better for the motorways if you travel on them a lot. It's an additional 30 mins on your journey from Southport to the motorway network which annoys me greatly!

There's loads of stuff to do locally all year round. In fact I prefer the winter months when there aren't so many tourists but there's a comedy festival, Halloween festival, stuff for Xmas, big bonfire and fireworks display. Always loads of family friendly stuff at the Atkinson in southport. There's also lots of sports teams if that's what your kids are in to, street dancing, martial arts.

This has turned into a longer post than I expected-sorry. I do waffle a bit. I love living here though

Brighteyes27 Sat 30-Jul-16 21:15:43

Anyone else or anyone want to private message me?

Brighteyes27 Tue 02-Aug-16 22:20:15

Help I read somewhere that Birkdale Formby can be a bit footballers wives ish on a Saturday night? They both seemed OK during the day but wondering if they are both posey places to live? As we're not that sort.
Would maybe Churchtown or Ainsdale or Ormskirk be better or do they have less younger people around? Private message if you don't want to post publicly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now