Talk

Advanced search

Who gets the big room?

(8 Posts)
mypropertea Sat 30-Jul-16 07:32:41

I have 2 DC, Dd-2 and ds-6 months. We are just about to reorganise our house and I need to decide who gets witch room.

Room 1 is lovely and quiet. It is slightly smaller than room 2 and has no storage built in.

Room 2 is on the road side of the house so it is a little more noisy. It has loads of built in storage. It is slightly nearer to the parents room than room 2 (but not much).

I can't put them in together as they both wake up and would disturb the other.

I'll be honest, there isn't much in it, I want to be fair. Part of me thinks dd should have room 2 as there is more storage. And she is likely to have more clothes when she is older.

Am I just being silly? What would you do?

imjessie Sat 30-Jul-16 07:48:34

As they are so young , you should decide . I think it's fairly normal for the eldest to get the bigger room but I'm
Not sure why , it doesn't seem fair really ! ...

Suzietwo Sat 30-Jul-16 07:56:24

Whatever you do now you can change tomorrow. Don't overthink it

almostthirty Sat 30-Jul-16 07:58:20

I think at this age you are over thinking it and when they get old enough to realise that one room is bigger they will be swapping amongst themselves anyway.

sashh Sat 30-Jul-16 08:00:56

I always had the bigger room as a child, my brother had the smaller room and bunks, I had the bigger room and a 3/4 bed - when guests stayed I had to leave my room and use the bunk.

Looking back I think my room was tidier. But if you are likely to have guests that might work.

Does it really matter? They can swap at some stage if you want.

T0ddlerSlave Mon 01-Aug-16 19:12:32

DD is 2.5 and the size of her room has only just started to matter now she's in a bed.

I'd put dc1 in the bigger room, you can always swap in a few years when dc1 is into gadgets and doesn't need so much space.

I reckon a quieter room is more important for a baby just starting to sleep through too.

pegomassive1 Mon 01-Aug-16 19:16:55

My sister and I used to swap rooms all the time until we were teenagers so I wouldn't worry

littlemissneela Mon 01-Aug-16 19:22:56

I was going to say put your ds in the noisier room. He is much younger and will be more likely to be able to sleep through any noises, whereas your dd is older, and prob already used to a certain level of sound to sleep.
That said, they are still young and you can change. Try it one way and see how you go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now