Talk

Advanced search

3mo Blocked nose only at night?!

(7 Posts)
bugsey123 Tue 26-Jul-16 10:01:31

My 3mo in the last week has been waking me up due to noises he's making! He sounds like he is struggling to breathe through his nose! It's really quite scary.. Yesterday I bought some saline spray which seemed to help last night but it just worries me that it's happening, it's only at night, during the day there's no problems. Anyone know why this is happening or if there is anymore I can do??

FretYeNotAllIsShiny Tue 26-Jul-16 10:08:33

Does he have a cold? You could try raising the crib mattress up a little at the head end,put a folded cot blanket under the mattress.Also you can buy snot suckers from the chemist.

Missgraeme Tue 26-Jul-16 10:11:50

My son was always like this until I started leaving his bedroom window open. Never woke since (13 months ago @9months!)

bugsey123 Tue 26-Jul-16 10:16:05

I have got a nose ducker thing but there doesn't seem to be much there to suck out, iv just looked at the nasal spray and noticed a tiny amount of mucusy blood on the tip! I was wondering with the warm weather if it was that but it was cool last night.. sad

CatyB Tue 26-Jul-16 10:46:09

Have you consulted a doctor? Maybe the child should have a medical check.

bugsey123 Tue 26-Jul-16 10:48:58

Yes were booked in X

bugsey123 Tue 26-Jul-16 11:00:53

The reason I ask is not so I don't have to go to the Drs (obviously I would rather get things checked) but as I find other mums experiences very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now