Talk

Advanced search

Help! Toddler trying to drink toilet water!

(6 Posts)
WineIsMyMainVice Sun 24-Jul-16 07:41:50

Hi. My toddler (22 months) has recently developed an obsession with the toilet. He wants to put his hands in the water all the time. Of course I'm trying dsperately to keep him out of there. I've been closing the door, then closing the door to the utility room that you have to go through to get in there. But DD (4yo) often forgets to close the doors. I have just found him with a cup, scooping out the water and drinking it!! (About 5 mins before this I had just given him a drink of water so it isn't that he's thirsty!)
Any ideas what to do?!

dementedpixie Sun 24-Jul-16 07:44:01

Toilet lock?

longdiling Sun 24-Jul-16 07:44:34

Keep a closer eye or put a bolt right at the top of the door where dd can't reach and keep it locked, dd will then have to ask for your help when she needs the loo so you can be present and make sure the door is locked after. Has he got a water table and opportunity to play with water every day? Try and focus his obsession that way?!

insancerre Sun 24-Jul-16 07:47:09

Get him his own water play. Then he won't need to play in the toilet

purplefizz26 Sun 24-Jul-16 07:47:36

You can get safety /child locks for toilets!

WineIsMyMainVice Sun 24-Jul-16 08:29:15

Thank you. I've never heard of a toilet lock before. Think I'll be ordering one today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now