Talk

Advanced search

In this heat, do you keep dc windows open through the night?

(8 Posts)
AthletesFoot Wed 20-Jul-16 22:41:40

Ds room is pretty hot but I feel v uncomfortable leaving the window open all night.

Do you leave your dc open?

missybct Wed 20-Jul-16 22:49:12

Why do you feel concerned leaving them open?

We leave DSS's windows open unless a storm is active or bad weather, or if there was to be a loud concert nearby. Aside from that, no or

missybct Wed 20-Jul-16 22:49:44

Whoops sorry hit send.

apart from that no issues. He also has a small fan in his room.

orangjuicyfruit Wed 20-Jul-16 22:51:58

Yes I do, but there's a child lock on so it'll only open 20cm or so... I won't lea e any windows open that don't have those locks on, am too paranoid of being burgled!

Flumplet Wed 20-Jul-16 22:52:18

We have ours open, but not ds' because there's a dog out the back 24/7 that will wake him up barking. If the dog wasn't there and if he had a top opening window (his one currently only opens vertically) then I'd leave it open.

somewheresomehow Thu 21-Jul-16 20:12:33

I tried it and the bloody birds woke me up at stupid o'clock so I just put up with the heat

WiMoChi Thu 21-Jul-16 20:26:22

Yes I do. She can't climb out. It's quiet in the back and if anyone tried to get in my dogs would bark. Quite comfortable with it smile

soundsystem Fri 22-Jul-16 21:01:11

Yep. We have sash windows so pull the top part down to let air in. It's too small for anyone to climb in or out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now