Talk

Advanced search

Child friendly. (Not at all)!

(19 Posts)
Warrenellison Sun 17-Jul-16 16:44:54

This is how to commit commercial suicide...btw, the kiosk in question is in a children's play area.
www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1108358725914028&id=659069417509630&substory_index=0

mzS1990 Sun 17-Jul-16 16:56:50

Working with the public myself, I fully support this. Though I'll probably get flamed wink

BluePitchFork Sun 17-Jul-16 16:58:53

good for them!

NeedACleverNN Sun 17-Jul-16 16:59:26

I think there's a very fine line.

If a child is having a temper and the parents are ignoring it, then it's not fair on other members of the public.

If the parents are trying their best and the staff intervene, then they would get a swift fuck off from me

Spudlet Sun 17-Jul-16 17:05:21

Having read a few of the comments on that status, if the incident that apparently triggered this was as described (small child having a 'moment', parent trying to deal with the situation, kiosk owner coming out and taking hold of the child by the wrists), I hope that the business suffers the consequences. Taking hold of someone else's child (unless to protect life and limb) is really not on.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 17-Jul-16 17:06:25

If the owner really did get hold of the wrists of a tantrumming two year old that is most definitely not ok.

Children have tantrums. You are more likely to see these in places where there are more children. The best thing to do if the child is not hurting themself or others is to ignore them until they calm down.

By the sounds of it this person has massively overstepped the mark and alienated their core customer base. Not the smartest move ever.

What a car crash.

zzzzz Sun 17-Jul-16 17:09:54

Surely "taking someone's wrists" is assault?shockshockshock

Balletgirlmum Sun 17-Jul-16 17:10:48

When Ds is having a meltdown the absolute worst thing is someone else coming to interfere. If they really wanted to help they could provide a time out area away from the stimulation of the playground.

What an appalling attitude

NeedACleverNN Sun 17-Jul-16 17:11:10

It's unwanted contact so I suppose it is in a way

ApostrophesMatter Sun 17-Jul-16 17:16:40

I think it quite likely that this attitude will find favour and attract more custom.

Warrenellison Sun 17-Jul-16 17:34:03

I think that highly unlikely if you read the 800 plus responses from local parents. In 7 hours.

NeedACleverNN Sun 17-Jul-16 17:40:01

Of course parents are not going to like it.

But there are people without children who will

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Sun 17-Jul-16 17:55:03

People without children who will want to visit a kiosk in a children's play park?? confused

Warrenellison Sun 17-Jul-16 17:56:09

Exactly!

mzS1990 Sun 17-Jul-16 17:58:46

I am a pArent myself, but I dot want to hear other people's kids scream holy hell, and watch the parent do nothing about it. (Fair enough if the parent is dealing with it)

YouMakeMyDreams Sun 17-Jul-16 18:02:27

But yet the advice is so often ignore a tantrum so which is it?

NeedACleverNN Sun 17-Jul-16 18:04:11

All the comments say they are next to a kids park, not actually in it?

MummyIsMyFavouriteName Sun 17-Jul-16 18:19:51

She'd be getting more than a tantrum from me if she dared touch my DD. Who knows what my DP would do!! To be honest, I'd lose my shit if I witnessed her grabbing someone else's child, not just my own. But then nothing upsets me more than children being physically disciplined.

When my DD screams in a tantrum (she is 2.5), I tend to just hug her really tight until she calms down. Works really quickly and while she doesn't then (always) get what she wanted, she knows that she is still loved and we are giving her the attention she needs. If we ignore her, she will just keep going on and on.

Natsku Sun 17-Jul-16 18:24:06

If they really did grab the child by the wrists then that's fucked up. That's attempted false imprisonment (someone did that to DD and that's what the police said they would charge the man with)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now