Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for an activity table for 1yo?

(6 Posts)
Shantotto Sat 16-Jul-16 07:51:17

DS is one soon and we want to get him a nice gift. I like those activity tables with things to fiddle with, beads on wires and so on.

I keep seeing very mixed reviews though! He's only just started commando crawling and really doesn't like to pull up or stand so bought this might help a bit. He needs something quite sturdy as I don't want him pulling it over too often!

I like this one but it's a little expensive I think - I don't know how much these things really cost! Anyway thanks for any suggestions!

Nofuss Sat 16-Jul-16 08:00:50

My 11 month old loves this one and will now stand and play at it happily for a while smile

www.elc.co.uk/Light-and-Sounds-Activity-Table/130928,default,pd.html

Highlove Sat 16-Jul-16 08:56:36

We've got that one you've linked to, OP. It's lovely. DD still plays with it sometimes now she's 2.4. It wasn't cheap but it's been a good buy. And it's not a great big plastic monstrosity in my lounge!

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sun 17-Jul-16 19:08:34

I wouldn't bother. I find that they have a short "shelf" life and take up a lot of space. we were recently given one and it was left ignored taking up a lot of space.

Remember what your child is into at 11 months won't be what theyre into at 18/24 months so don't waste too much money on something that they may only enjoy for a very short period.

Orsono Sun 17-Jul-16 20:08:11

I agree with the PP - we bought a lovely wooden one for DS, but I don't recall him ever really ever playing with it, it just took up space. In fact it's still taking up space four years later because I haven't been able to bring myself to get rid of it as it was expensive. smile But I'm going to bite the bullet and chuck it and get an actual little table and chair instead for my new DS. You can then put stuff out they'll actually want to play with.

skankingpiglet Sun 17-Jul-16 22:30:41

How about getting one second hand that's in good nick? At 1yo they won't know it isn't new and if they out grow it sooner rather than later, you haven't lost as much (and can likely resell it for a similar amount).
I bought DD1 a noisy plastic activity table (as much as I dreamed of a house filled full of beautiful wooden toys pre-DC, they do seem to love noisy plastic tat the best) second hand for about £10 when she was about 9mo. She absolutely loved it until she was about 12mo then it became forgotten about. It went up into the loft to wait until DD2 is old enough for it. One with the beads may have lasted longer, but she hasn't seemed overly fussed with those post-1yo either when we've met them in waiting rooms etc. I also agree with a PP, they do take up a lot of space too not as much as the bastard spinning zebra thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now