Talk

Advanced search

I feel so guilty 😪

(10 Posts)
user1468244773 Thu 14-Jul-16 08:50:09

I feel awful. Ds (6) is such a whiney child. If you ask him to do something he cries and whines about having to do it. This morning I told him to brush his teeth and he just started crying. So I shouted at him and tapped his leg (not hard at all!!). And then we had a mini argument where he told me I wasn't his friend and that I "always shout". I feel like all I do is shout 😒 I appologised lots, gave him kisses and cuddles but now he's gone school I feel so guilty!! He told me I was his best friend again before he left. 😪

This happens probably 3/5 school days. I'm fed up with it. I feel awful

Emptynestermum Wed 20-Jul-16 17:55:23

Poor you! It's nearly the school holidays! If he reacts like that when you ask him to do something, maybe help him / do it with him instead. Perhaps he's oversensitive or overtired at the moment.

There's no need to feel guilty, everyone has these sort of issues at times. The holidays will hopefully be more relaxed as there won't be the time pressures of term time.

Muskateersmummy Wed 20-Jul-16 17:59:29

Don't feel guilty. It's hard. But if you feel like your always shouting, could you adjust how you handle those situations and make a determined effort to not be a "shouty" parent. There are some really good blogs for advice on how to not be a "shouty" parent. They might help. flowers

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 20-Jul-16 19:29:34

how did you think shouting and 'tapping' his leg would stop him crying?

user1468244773 Wed 20-Jul-16 19:42:27

Well we're now on the 20th and not shouted once. Iv done that positive parenting where I praise him a lot, it's been working amazingly

Ohflippinheck Wed 20-Jul-16 19:46:48

Where did you read about it user?
Asking for a friend, obviously.grin

You must also be doing positive MNing to have not told ex to knob off.

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 20-Jul-16 20:16:26

oh don't be so dramatic. any other thread OP would be worse than Hitler. asking someone who is struggling to reflect on their actions is not the end of the civilised world.

AprilLoveJ Wed 20-Jul-16 20:28:09

Are you okay exwife hmm

Ohflippinheck Wed 20-Jul-16 20:55:21

She's already reflected ex. The thread title is a giveaway.
And it didn't come across as you asking her to reflect on her actions, it definitely came across as you judging her. And also patronising her.

exWifebeginsat40 Wed 20-Jul-16 22:58:25

sorry. hot and grumpy and being an arse, clearly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now