Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant with #3

(4 Posts)
kazoops Wed 13-Jul-16 19:12:51

About a week ago I found out I am unexpectedly pregnant with child no.3. Contraception failure.

I already have 2 children, 6 and almost 4. I'm just so torn. On the one hand I'm in a good position in most respects, solidly married, financially sound (but not so that DC3 wouldn't be a stretch and unable to give up work) etc. No nearby family at all to help. 3/4 more years of childcare fees.

But, I'm just getting my life back. I'll be 40 in a couple of years. I enjoy my sleep, my work, my current relatively organised life. I'm not good at chaos.

DH wanted 2.

Thoughts? Seeing an abortion counsellor next week to keep options open but seeing the baby on the scan today made me sad at thinking about termination. It would be sensible but will I regret it?

BexusSugarush Wed 13-Jul-16 20:50:19

While some people may disagree, I think the very fact you're now questioning whether an abortion is right for you gives you your answer. x

KatyN Wed 13-Jul-16 21:09:14

I had a pregnancy scare the other day. There is no way I could have a third child. I found it hard because I thought I would have no qualms about an abortion but I wobbled a bit. I have a coil fitted so I could be terminating an embryo every month.

It is a decision for you and your husband, no one else can make it.
Kx

EchidnaPorcupine Wed 13-Jul-16 22:27:25

It sounds like you were happy as you were. You weren't already regretting not having a third?

It is a difficult decision to make, not helped by pregnancy hormones. Hopefully the counsellor will be a good one and help you sort your own thoughts. I've had counselling through a local charity for pregnant women previously and found it very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now