12 month old cries after every bottle?

(6 Posts)
PseudoSatisfactionBaby Tue 12-Jul-16 19:05:53

For a couple of months, DD cries inconsolably after each bottle....3 x 7 oz a day. Thought she might still be hungry or thirsty so offer more but she never takes it. Goes on for a good 10 mins after each bottle. Been using the same formula since birth and about to move on to cows milk which she sometimes gets. Eats solids reasonably well. Any ideas?!

uhoh2016 Wed 13-Jul-16 14:43:41

Could it be she's having too much and she's crying from being too full especially if she's also having 3 meals a day plus snacks

PseudoSatisfactionBaby Wed 13-Jul-16 15:56:25

Ooooh I didn't think of that! I might try her with half the bottle and see if she wants to go back to it rather than sink it in one. Thanks....Will give it a go!

Ilovenannyplum Wed 13-Jul-16 16:02:06

My DS at that age wouldn't have 3 x 7oz per day plus 3 meals.
He would have a beaker of cows milk first thing and another before bed. Otherwise he would just have water or v v v weak juice throughout the day

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 13-Jul-16 16:06:06

Do you give her back a pat,ds still got wind at that age.

glasgowlass Wed 13-Jul-16 16:11:28

Yeah I would offer half the milk first them more if needed.
Does she need to move up a teat size? My DS1 used to get a bit grumpy when he needed a faster flow teat.
Trapped wind? Maybe some infacol or similar before milk will help.
It's difficult when they can't articulate the issue. Trial & error to find a solution can be draining too. Hope you get it resolved soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now