Talk

Advanced search

Normal behaviour for two week old?

(2 Posts)
MaybeBabyOct2015 Tue 12-Jul-16 10:29:45

Hello,

I'm a first time mum with a baby who's just over two weeks old and not sure if some of her recent behaviour is normal.

Since birth she has been able to lift her head up for a short period of time and was very quickly able to lift her head and turn it...she will lay with her head on her hands and quite happily pick her head up and turn it so she is laying on the other cheek. My mother in law says this is quite unusual for such a young baby, but I have no frame of reference.

The last couple of days she has also started lifting her hips and legs in the air when laying on her tummy. She is usually pretty Calm laying on me on her tummy and will sleep but yesterday morning whilst she was laying there she started lifting her bum in the air and even moving it from side to side. We thought it was really funny to start with as it reminds us of those mood fish you get in Christmas crackers. However, yesterday evening she was really unsettled and kept doing it whilst fussing on me. I noticed she was quite windy whilst doing in so now I'm worrying that it is a result of being uncomfortable and maybe having colic?

Has anyone else experienced this?

user1467554098 Tue 12-Jul-16 13:04:09

I don't think lifting her head is related my lo was just like that! I was like oh I don't think your old enough to do that.. Ha! The bum thing does sound like wind, is she drawing her legs up to? Big sign of wind, have a go with infacol, i needed all the time when my lo was at that age- he's. 9 weeks now and it's not a problem- hope iv helped grin xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now