Baby bouncers

(5 Posts)
ItsyBitsyBikini Mon 27-Jun-16 20:02:50

I want to get DS a baby bouncer as he's either asleep in his poddle pod, awake in mine or DPS arms or on his play mat. He's only 2 weeks old but I was hoping a baby bouncer would help keep him sat up a bit and help him stay awake for a bit longer in the day. Any recommendations and at what age is best to put him in one? We have a rocker thing and a jumperoo but he's too little for them yet so want something for the interim.

Ilovewillow Mon 27-Jun-16 20:32:38

I had a baby bjiorn one - it was just a bouncer but had three settings to incline it to sitting. I liked the fact there was no music or fiddly bits. Goes up to a good weight too so useful in the long term.

icklekid Mon 27-Jun-16 20:40:15

I wouldn't have been without my bouncer (chicco hoopla) however I wouldn't push a 2 week old baby to be awake more unless not feeding/putting on weight!

ItsyBitsyBikini Mon 27-Jun-16 20:45:30

Thanks very much!
icklekid i thought the same but HV says she wants him to be awake longer than 10/15 mins at a time in between feeds. He feeds fine and weight gain isn't an issue. Doesn't bother me really means I can get stuff done/sleep myself when he sleeps. I'll have a look at both suggestions and get one for when he's a couple of weeks older smile

glueandstick Tue 28-Jun-16 08:19:23

My piece of advice is that you can usually ignore the 'advice' from the health visitor. Do what is right for your baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now