Talk

Advanced search

tuesday's child - baby modelling

(10 Posts)
Scout2016 Mon 27-Jun-16 19:20:15

Hi, this is my first post so sorry if I'm in the wrong place but I wondered if anyone could offer some advice please.... Has anyone had any experience of a child modelling agency called Tuesday's Child? They have shown an interest in my baby and are fairly near to me but there are costs further down the line (£150.) I don't want to get scammed or worse risk wasting my baby's time by trekking her off somewhere for photos pointlessly, but lots of agencies do seem to have some fees and I have seen some good things about them on mumsnet, albeit from years ago.

Any advice / guidance on child modelling in general would be very much appreciated. I know there was a facebook parents advice group but it appears to have been closed down. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I know there was a facebook parents advice group but it appears to have been closed down.

Sofie1999 Sun 31-Jul-16 03:42:30

Hiya did u end up going with Tuesday's child I would love some feedback on them? My daughter has been excepted by them

scoobyloobyloo Sun 31-Jul-16 04:31:02

All babies will be accepted by them. No reputable modelling agency will charge an upfront fee. They're scam artists.

YoginiBump Sun 31-Jul-16 15:04:40

Try Kiddiwinks agency, reputable and no upfront fees. My son and now daughter have been with them since birth. No professional photos required, paid castings and good clients.

Sofie1999 Sun 31-Jul-16 16:01:51

Ahh thank you I'll have a look for them x

Scout2016 Sun 31-Jul-16 16:23:48

Hello, thanks for the replies. No I didn't go with them because I suspected that they accept everyone.
Also I messaged loads of companies such as boots and mothercare (via facebook) to ask who they get their child models from and not one said Tuesday's child. I couldn't find anything recent and positive about them or anyou sign they get much "work".

She was also accepted by bizzy kidz, but again I suspected they take everyone. Lots of the agencies the companies said they use turned her down so I suspect she doesn't have what they're looking for.

Probably for best as I had mixed feelings about it alland and she isn't that keen on being dressed and undressed!

Best of luck Sofie.

redhat Sun 31-Jul-16 16:34:29

My DS acts and does some modelling (not a lot since he's really interested in the acting - he's not a baby).

Many of the agencies will take any baby (or in fact any child). This is because babies grow very quickly and so they need a constant supply. So, whilst I hate to break it to you, whilst your DC is I'm sure very lovely, the fact that she has been accepted by an agency doesn't mean anything.

Many will charge for initial photos (and £150ish isn't unusual). Jobs then either come in or they don't depending on whether the client is looking for a child who looks like your child. Many photographic jobs won't even pay enough to cover your petrol (particularly if they also require a casting beforehand which means two trips rather than 1) and the agency typically takes 50% ish out of the first job and then 25% thereafter.

DS has been lucky and has done commercials and is currently in a BBC production. There's a lot of waiting around though and many children don't actually enjoy it very much in the end. DS is happy to sit quietly and undisturbed for two hours with his nose in a book until they're ready for him.

Sofie1999 Mon 01-Aug-16 01:04:56

Thanks for the help x

georgieb12 Fri 04-Nov-16 15:19:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

chloe91 Tue 13-Dec-16 12:38:41

My 2 are with Tuesdays child. They have had auditions and my son has done a tv job. can vouch they are a legit agency. They do a lot of tv and film work some stuff is on their facebook page.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now