Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

1 year old wont poo on his own

(7 Posts)
ghostspirit Sun 26-Jun-16 19:54:23

sounds a bit gross but 1 year old was constipated. when i could see he needed to go i took his nappy of and pushed his legs back and that made him go. i had to do that as he had belly ach and was crying alot. i done this for a few days and gave orange juice. his poo is now soft. but he still wont go and holds it. so i think its in his head that its going to hurt. any suggestions. or do i just have to make sure it stays soft and wait till he forgets that it was hurting?

MrsMum2011 Mon 27-Jun-16 12:46:29

Have you tried putting him in a warm bath for a while, when our DS is constipated and nice long warm bath normally helps him and helps him to realise it doesn't hurt so much if he does it in the bath.

PirateJones Mon 27-Jun-16 17:21:05

Have to tried loading him up with grapes?

DesignedForLife Mon 27-Jun-16 17:49:32

What's he been eating? I'd try getting a bit more fruit and fats into him. Also is he getting enough water?

ghostspirit Mon 27-Jun-16 18:30:53

been giving him loads of fruit and orange juice. but his poo is soft now so thats not really an issue now. its just he thinks its going to hurt when its not. so hes holding on to it. but probably nothing i can do and have to wait till he realises it wont hurt

PlugUgly Mon 27-Jun-16 21:38:06

If this continues see your GP, my DD developed an anal fissure which caused LOTS of withholding etc...

Believeitornot Tue 28-Jun-16 09:02:14

What kind of fruit? And have you put any sudocrem on his bottom?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now