Talk

Advanced search

really need pushchair help!

(12 Posts)
duckyisback Sun 26-Jun-16 18:56:23

When I give birth my ds will be 23 months old. I'm really struggling to know what to do about getting a pushchair.

Ds loves walking but at the moment he still gets tired and will sometimes climb into his pushchair himself (he's 19 months now).

My plan was to get a pushchair and then get a buggy board for ds. I also have a sling thing that ds hated.

I have a small boot so would need something that folds up quite small and is suitable from birth.

Does that sound like an OK plan?

Or will I need a double?

I was thinking for any long days out we can always take ds small stroller incase too.

And can anyone recommend any small folding pushchairs that are suitable from birth?

poocatcherchampion Sun 26-Jun-16 18:57:39

I don't understand - do you currently have a pushchair?

ImNotAFlower Sun 26-Jun-16 19:03:34

Baby jogger city mini? Folds tiny and takes a pram top for newborns

ImNotAFlower Sun 26-Jun-16 19:04:06

Oops too soon..... The only thing it doesn't do is rear face when a buggy

duckyisback Sun 26-Jun-16 20:17:36

My ds currently has a stroller, that ideally needs replacing I think. I will keep a small stroller incase but was thinking what to do for once dd is born.

Thanks iam, will have a look at that one.

It all seems so confusing! And I don't know if I just have an extremely small boot compared to most people hmm

madwomanacrosstheroad Sun 26-Jun-16 20:32:31

He will be a bit small for a bugly board and also is likely to regress a bit when new baby is born. I would look at one of the buggy's that can be used as either double or single. The baby jogger city select folds very small / flat. All I know is it fits in 7 seaters with all seats up.

SweepTheHalls Sun 26-Jun-16 20:34:27

I really would get a second hand double. With both of them strapped in you actually have a chance of leaving the house and achieving something occasionally!

pocketsized Sun 26-Jun-16 20:45:57

I am in the same boat as you, and have decided we will get a double. One of the inline ones with a "jump" seat. DD will be 21 months, and I dont fancy having to convince her to stay on a buggy board, or trying to go to the bank /post office/Dr etc with her able to escape while I concentrate on what im doing!

poocatcherchampion Mon 27-Jun-16 08:24:24

What is your car?

I'd get a double

NickyEds Mon 27-Jun-16 10:36:32

You'll need a double I think. We have a Phil and Teds which I love but we don't drive so I couldn't say how easy it is to get in a boot. We bought ours for £80 off e bay and the lady we got it off had a small car and said that it fit in the boot but she had to take the wheel off (which is very easy). You could try to get by with a buggy+buggy board+sling but it wouldn't be easy. I had a period of about 3-4 weeks when dd out grew the cocoon part of the P&T and had to have ds in a buggy and dd in the sling and it was a pita! I had a slightly smaller age gap, 19 months though. I think unless you drive everywhere you'll want a double for convenience.

Artandco Mon 27-Jun-16 21:32:13

I would just use buggy board I think and sling and pram combo. At 23 months he's basically 2 years. We have a 15 month gap and buggy board/ sling option worked fine. To be honest the buggy board was mainly used 15-24 months, then from 2 eldest didn't really use the board most the time either. We just took pram and sling out with board underneath, then board was for speed, and put youngest in sling if elder wanted to nap whilst out.

Borderline69 Mon 27-Jun-16 21:38:54

A decent sling would be best (stretchy wrap). definitely nothing like baby Bjorne or you and baby will only last 45 mins tops. I have a Phil and teds as well as a wrap and used that once ds was bigger and older ds could test when he needed (again second hand from eBay).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now