I feel a bit emotional when I think back to pregnancy

(8 Posts)
Jasperkiss5 Thu 23-Jun-16 20:50:57

I've got a lovely nearly 1 year old daughter, love her to bits.

When I think back to last year when I was pregnant, with my bump and getting ready for her arrival and all the rest of it, I get such a huge sense of nostalgia. Even when I hear a song that was played over and over last summer, I think ahhh I was pregnant and feel sad that it's gone gone gone.

Ever since she was a month old I felt like I missed the labour and birth part. That must sound mental to some, but I feel like I wish I could relive it all over, the labour, the hospital experience, the coming home for the first time. I guess it was such an amazing experience that I wish I could have it again. Getting pregnant again isn't an option at the moment. If I see someone on Facebook who has annouced they are in labour or who has just had a baby, I get a bit jealous. Happy for them absolutely, but I think ahh I remember those moments!

Does anyone else feel like this?

ColdTeaAgain Thu 23-Jun-16 20:55:01

Don't miss pregnancy as mine was not great but I do get where you're coming from. In my case I miss the baby phase, first smiles, laugh etc.
Similar to you we're not in the right stage to have number two yet but seeing others doing it does make you feel a little jealous, not in a bad way, more just a longing that it was you.

switswoo81 Thu 23-Jun-16 21:12:08

I totally understand my little girl is a few months older but I loved the labour and post birth days. I felt like a superhero and felt so much love from those around me. It is one of the happiest times in my life.
It sounds weird but I keep seeing articles etc about second babies and pregnancies being so different and less encompassing that I mourn for my time becoming a first time mother

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 23-Jun-16 21:15:32

I hated being pregnant and labour was well, labour.

My daughter also recently turned one and I find myself wishing I could relive it all again. Because I know now how amazing she is and how much I love her, whereas it's all a bit of an unknown when you're pregnant. It seems to have gone so quickly.

I don't feel broody for another baby at all. It's more like I want to have the one I already have, again, knowing what I know now.

So I think I know exactly what you mean!

Alisvolatpropiis Thu 23-Jun-16 21:17:50

To be clear, the first year has been wonderful, I don't want to "do over" her first year. I just want to do it again grin

purpleme12 Fri 24-Jun-16 01:53:27

I also loved the baby stage and all that love. I know what you mean about that. I can imagine it might be different with a 2nd child?

PrimeraVez Sat 25-Jun-16 05:15:42

Yep, I feel the same! I loved being pregnant, I loved giving birth and I loved those early days. Everything felt so new and exciting and special. DS is now 4 months and I am enjoying watching him grow and change every day and he brings me so much happiness, but I am definitely nostalgic for the earlier days. I have been broody for #2 since DS was about 6 weeks old...

waitingforsomething Sat 25-Jun-16 05:45:06

I understand. I have a da same age as your dd and a 3 year old dd. I won't be having any more children but sometimes I can't believe I'll not go through a pregnanxy again with its kicks and changes, then the magic of a brand new baby. I don't want another child, I'll have to just hug other people's newborns! But I know what you mean. Luckily you're on your first so all being well you'll have another one day if you want smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now