Talk

Advanced search

Baby walker, jumperoo or something else?

(6 Posts)
TheOddity Mon 20-Jun-16 10:49:35

I'm living outside the uk, so I am not down with the best bits of baby equipment anymore. I have a bumbo which dd age 5 months loves. I also have a baby bouncer chair which she now tries to sit up in and pull all the toys off, so basically she has nearly outgrown that. She loves to bounce on her feet on my knee and generally be up straight. She is also quite happy on her tummy for little stretches. She can roll over both ways. So I am basically looking to buy something that will give me five mins to tidy up drink coffee, keep her happy and replace the now outgrown bouncy chair. We live in an apartment with no carpets just tiles, no stairs and a big long hallway so I wondered if the now frowned upon baby walker was the way to go? Ooh I also have a door bouncer but I don't trust the door frame to keep it suspended so I'm not using that. I really need something because with tiled floor everywhere, even when she is attempted to walk she won't be safe for a fair old while yet sad

haventgotaclue1 Mon 20-Jun-16 13:54:48

We had both - jumperoo (bought ourselves - special offer on Amazon!) and a walker (donated hand-me-down). DD loved both. Guess we used the jumperoo first, and then progressed to the walker which she really liked when she was a bit older (can't remember exact age, but may have been around 8 months?) as it gave her some independence. Just watch out for your ankles...wink

cornishglos Mon 20-Jun-16 15:11:14

I put down lots of rugs and those foam letters and let them roam.

ninsandpeedles Mon 20-Jun-16 15:17:53

Highly recommended the jumperoo. My little one (nearly 9 months) loves it and will happily bounce away for ages so I can get on with cleaning etc
Added bonus she's getting plenty of exercise as she's not showing any signs of crawling yet. She's great at doing commando style rolls though and can cover the length of the front room pretty quickly! Haha
Thinking of buying a baby walker soon though too

minipie Mon 20-Jun-16 15:41:04

We had both and I'd say jumperoo. Both DDs loved the jumperoo but only DD1 liked the walker, also jumperoo is useful earlier and for longer IME.

In due course I'd also suggest a Vtech babywalker (pushalong kind, not sit in kind) when she is old enough to push something along.

Caterina99 Mon 20-Jun-16 18:04:23

DS loved his jumperoo. We also have tiled floors and I got some of those foam alphabet mat things. He loves pulling them up. Jumperoo on that and a blanket under it too if they are really jumping hard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now