Talk

Advanced search

iPad apps for 18 month old?

(18 Posts)
MummaGiles Fri 17-Jun-16 10:36:02

Can anyone recommend good apps for an 18 month old? Need something to distract him on the plane next week! Thanks

IsThisForTheBest Fri 17-Jun-16 10:37:56

Do you have sky?

Sky have an app called sky kids. My 3 year old loves it

MummaGiles Fri 17-Jun-16 11:31:16

Yeah I do have it but it only seems to be programmes on there and no games unless I'm missing something?

IsThisForTheBest Fri 17-Jun-16 12:15:25

Yeah thats right there is no games on it but plenty of childrens programmes etc.

Tbh i very much doubt a 18 month old could play a ipad app game so the programmes may be a better bet

JuxtapositionRecords Fri 17-Jun-16 12:16:29

Peppa pig painting is really good and easy to use

MrsMulder Fri 17-Jun-16 12:17:14

C beebies app is great

makingthisupasigoalong Fri 17-Jun-16 12:19:55

Tocca bocce apps are really good, fisher price do some name the animal type ones and sago mini are cause and effect ones, music type ones.

InAWashingMachineMinute Fri 17-Jun-16 12:28:00

Shape Up is good for younger kids.
There's a kids iplayer app - you can download stuff to watch later.
Endless Alphabet is also great, but 18 months might be a bit young.
The Fisher Price ones are good too.
I used to have one that was just a painting thing. Something like paint sparkle, but I can't find it to check the proper name.

MummaGiles Fri 17-Jun-16 12:34:41

Thanks! I know I'm pushing it with him being so young, but even if it's for 5 minutes it is better than nothing!! He can do some of the stuff on the CBeebies app so if I help him we can muddle through 😆

Thisismyfirsttime Fri 17-Jun-16 12:59:45

Mine loves Peppa Pig's paintbox and the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn ones.

HurryHurryHurry Fri 17-Jun-16 17:40:50

No. Sticker books work well.

MargaretCabbage Sun 19-Jun-16 16:40:46

My DS loves the Sago Mini apps, he's particularly taken with Forest Flyer. You make a little bird fly around by pressing the screen, and there are different things to interact with; he finds it hilarious when it sings or burps.

Artandco Sun 19-Jun-16 16:44:50

Not apps, but our best buys for flights are the mr men books. We take a handful each time and read over and over again if needed

DesignedForLife Mon 20-Jun-16 09:35:37

Fisher Price do one called monkey that sings the alphabet, DD loves it, but might want headphones on an airplane!

TeaBelle Mon 20-Jun-16 09:41:39

Dd lives balloon pop. Took her 1 go to master tapping the screen and now she's a pro (much to my embarrassment)

Lindtnotlint Mon 20-Jun-16 09:41:55

Really recommend any of the wonderkind apps. They are usable by an 18 month old. (Have a 17 month old who loves them). They don't need sound so good for a journey. They are basically interactive pictures where stuff moves when you press it - very simple but fun and last a long time as there is lots and lots to discover. Best ones for youngest children are My Little Town or Tiny Farm.

BirdsAndBlips Wed 22-Jun-16 23:33:03

I love the Treebetty apps. Simple action reaction, not too busy. Can be tested before purchase.

SarahAnderson Wed 22-Jun-16 23:36:45

We have done the loooooong trip to Australia TWICE so I feel your pain smile

The most recent time was when my DD was 18 months

I am sorry to say this but she just couldn't get any ipad apps at all. Or even watch TV. She just wasn't old enough. Even now at 2 years she can't do the Peppa Pig painting one (despite being mad obsessed with Peppa).

Lots of people told us 'sticker books' but they were a miss as well!

My tips are
- wrap things in other things. Bags in bags in bags. Cling film is good. Things to discover that take ages to unwrap
- maybe threading activities? 18 months might be a bit young but now she's good with that
- boxes of raisins you can feed one at a time
- same with cheerios -- anything really! one at a time slowwwllllyyyyy
- make friends with everyone around you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now