Very fussy eater

(1 Post)
Helpmothonmybed Mon 13-Jun-16 17:29:01

Today 17:20 Helpmothonmybed

I have a 9 year old who is getting incredibly picky and I'm at the end of my tether. She will eat:
fish fingers and chips out of a packet
Pizza if it's not at all brown but also it mustn't be undercooked
Sandwiches
Most cake, sweets, chocolate
A few pieces of pasta in a tomato sauce
Macaroni cheese out of a tin
Super noodles
Tinned spaghetti on toast
Mashed potato
Bacon

She absolutely will not eat:
Any fruit or vegetables (says she likes bananas but if I put them in her lunchbox she leaves them)
Cake if she thinks it has fruit or veg in such as carrot cake or raisins
Homemade pasta bake
Homemade chips
Jacket potato (even though she used to love them)
Baked beans (again used to love them)
Pretty much anything she knows I have cooked myself and not cooked out of a packet
Anything with egg in (omelette, scrambled egg etc)

There is I think a lot more she refuses to eat but I'll get to the point. I have tried involving her with cooking, talking about healthy eating, insisting she eat a small piece of fruit or veg before she is allowed her dinner, reward charts, no pudding or sweets, giving her the same thing several nights in a row to try and bore her, I have told her that it makes me sad that she doesn't eat the food and won't try new things and I have also discussed the cost of food with her and tried to get her involved with food shopping. NOTHING works!!
If anyone can offer any more suggestions please do. I don't know what else to do. I'm at the end of my tether and also it's costing me a lot and I'm throwing a lot of food away because she won't entertain it. Please help. Sorry for such a long post.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now