Talk

Advanced search

after two hours of trying

(6 Posts)
mumto1babyboy Mon 13-Jun-16 02:34:54

After two hours of pacing up and down with my 7MO Old trying to get him to sleep is it acceptable for me to put in cot to cry it out s but I'm exhausted and he's tired but playing me up X

Suzietwo Mon 13-Jun-16 02:40:28

It's acceptable with 5 mins if you want it to be!

mumto1babyboy Mon 13-Jun-16 02:46:00

Not overtly keen on idea maybe I might get up so he can play for while tire himself out

sycamore54321 Mon 13-Jun-16 02:48:07

Not even in a cry-it-out sense but it may well be that your presence and pacing etc is over-stimulating him. My friend had a "put-me-the-heck-down baby" - it took her a lot of painful figuring out and sleeplessness to realize that sometimes he just needed to be left alone. You are learning, your baby is learning - you seem to think this is worth a try right now so try it. For the past two hours, he has been awake and upset and what you are doing tonight isn't working so yes, try something different. You can stay beside him or leave altogether for a few minutes or whichever feels beat to you. Best of luck.

FabFiveFreddie Mon 13-Jun-16 02:48:30

I would put him in his cot and let him cry for 5 mins. Go in there to hush him and give him a pat, don't pick him up or talk to him, just let him know you're there and you love him. Then go out. Repeat until he falls asleep.

Took 27 times the first time I did it. Next night 12. Next night none

sycamore54321 Mon 13-Jun-16 02:53:24

I should say you will presumably have checked all the obvious - not hungry, no temperature, clean nappy, no tight clothes pinching or rubbing, not too hot or cold. Then it's clearly just tiredness and you must do whatever it takes to get him there. Crying in your arms isn't helping him, being in his cot just might.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now