Talk

Advanced search

post vaccination

(7 Posts)
hellooo1 Thu 09-Jun-16 22:39:21

My dd (4 months) had her third lot of jabs today, she's got a very high temp and been screaming since 4pm non stop, I've just settled her to sleep but nurse told me to give calpol every 4 hours for the first 24 hours, should I wake her in an hour for her next dose and continue waking her throughout the night for calpol? I don't want her to over hear with her temperature but I know it'll be a nightmare trying to get her back to sleep, what did you do?

hellooo1 Thu 09-Jun-16 22:41:34

Hope someone replies soon I want to go to bed, don't know what to dohmmsmile

AppleMagic Thu 09-Jun-16 22:43:24

I'd wait until she next wakes up.

amysmummy12345 Thu 09-Jun-16 22:43:29

I'd give it her if she wakes or if she seems really feverish? Otherwise she's obviously comfortable enough to sleep? X

Octonought Thu 09-Jun-16 22:44:07

No, I wouldn't wake a baby that was sleeping. If she wakes up, fine, give her some.

apatheticfallacy Thu 09-Jun-16 22:45:54

Yes I'd leave her to sleep too, have the Calpol upstairs ready for if/when she does. (Remember every four hours is the minimum time between and not more than four times in each 24hr period)

glueandstick Thu 09-Jun-16 23:47:22

Give it to her whilst she's asleep. When the mini one was on antibiotics we got quite good at squirting it in whilst she slept.

This is probably terrible advice but it saved our sanity as once woken the beast does not go back to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now