tired

(14 Posts)
mumto1babyboy Wed 08-Jun-16 02:02:38

Mums how do u all cope with tiredness?? Go!!

GrassW1dow Wed 08-Jun-16 12:35:44

I don't. I regularly wonder just how I'm going to get through the next hour, sometimes day. But never more.
I only have one DC (17mo). I have no idea how people cope with more!

GrassW1dow Wed 08-Jun-16 12:40:39

I get the impression that those who cope better have either one or both of:
(i) a hands on partner
(ii) family help of some kind

FATEdestiny Wed 08-Jun-16 13:05:00

I stopped working and took up afternoon napping grin

TellMeDani Wed 08-Jun-16 19:35:20

Bullet proof coffee
Always showering every morning, it wakes me up
Ocado
Not feeling guilty because I have served up chicken nuggets and chips for the DC's dinner
Power napping on the floor while the DC/DC's watch CBBiees
Power napping in the car when you have reached your destination and you look in the back to see sleeping babies/toddler
Going to bed as soon as the DC's have gone up
Catching up with sleep at the weekend
A hair colour that is kind to tired skin and good under eye concealer
...or sometimes not coping very well at all and using the mantra 'all fed and none dead' as my measure for success

KP86 Wed 08-Jun-16 19:52:39

Exactly what TellMeDani said, except I don't colour my hair (no greys yet). Also rarely wear make up although I should!

CassandraAusten Wed 08-Jun-16 20:40:28

Don't feel guilty about resting / having a cuppa / or even a nap while your baby naps. Definitely don't rush around tidying up!

KP86 Wed 08-Jun-16 20:50:34

I also sleep when DS sleeps after lunch at least 2-3 days per week.

For me the key to not being completely exhausted is getting a decent amount of sleep overnight. I can handle almost anything if I'm allowed to stay in bed (or even dozing on the couch while DS watches tv) until 7am.

I do not know how I will cope with life when he stops his day sleeps. Already almost 2.2yo so I imagine I've got max. 8-10 months left.

daisywhoopsie Wed 08-Jun-16 20:51:15

I just try and ignore it. Resting/napping doesn't work for me unfortunately, makes me feel worse.

Pollyputhtekettleon Wed 08-Jun-16 20:53:31

I live in the moment and just get on with it. If you think about it it's so much harder. I also try to enjoy my waking time in the night and accept that I will be awake for an hr or so until lb goes back to sleep so I see it as our time alone (I've two other little ones).

mumto1babyboy Wed 08-Jun-16 21:41:52

smile thank you I'm glad I'm not alone lol!! Your all wonderful xxxx

Bee182814 Wed 08-Jun-16 21:46:36

I've banned the words 'I'm tired' in our house (unless it's DS, obviously!) I find it helps for some reason.

JayDot500 Wed 08-Jun-16 23:44:38

So so tired! My ds (4.5 months) refuses to nap anywhere but my arms, so there goes napping while he naps for me sad

I've taken up gardening. It makes me happier in the morning because DS wakes around 6-7am and instead of grumbling I find myself eager to see how my plants have grown overnight. DS and I will go outside (while his milk cools) and get a whack of crisp air to begin the day with.

Kiwiinkits Thu 09-Jun-16 01:15:08

I let it build up and up and up for months on end and then I crash and snap at everyone.

HTH smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now