Aptamil alternatives

(2 Posts)
margaritaville7 Mon 06-Jun-16 15:19:26

DD is 13 weeks old and always FF with Aptamil. At about 6 weeks she started to have trouble feeding; griping pains, hysterically crying, in pain farting. After speaking to HV and GP I tried over the course of the next few weeks different teats, Nelsons colic granules, gripe water and infacol etc but didn't improve it. Eventually I changed her milk to Aptamil Comfort on recommendation of GP, and almost instantly she was a changed baby and relaxed drinking (although her poos were really wet). In the past few days she's had diarrhoea (10-12 times a day and dark green poos) and screaming fits, so GP recommended taking her off Comfort, but didn't suggest alternative. HV not much help either.

Anyone had this problem, or suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks X

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 06-Jun-16 15:27:25

(Sorry if TMI!)
I had the exact same thing when I switched from breastmilk to formula, and then from normal Aptamil formula to Aptamil comfort because DD was constipated. She had really runny poo for a few days, then horrible diarrhoea poo, but it rectified itself within a week or so. Then her poo was still wetter than it was when she was bf, but more like sludgy mud than liquid.
I think it just took her little digestive system a little while to adjust to being able to poo without straining!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now